Sites for inquiring teens

My 18 yr. old daughter asked if I knew any good sites where she could find “stuff about the Bible and the Church”. :hmmm: Even though we are active Catholics, most of her peers aren’t. So, any suggestions or sites? Thanks!

:blessyou:

well, im a 19 yr old guy in the same situation with not to many Catholic friends… and although ive found most of my questions on www.catholic.com, id apreciate anything else too… ive also been advised to just go talk to your preist… ive recently found out that they are WAY more educated than they appear…haha…:nerd:

How about Onerock or Phatmass?

Shemight like www.scripturecatholic.com

There is a great book on the history of thebible… but I can’t remember the title atm, arg!

Happy Easter!! :slight_smile:

Three sites are kinda cool. Its up to you, Mom.

1. www.americancatholic.org
    They have some nice stuff, especially the Saint of the Day, where the real biography of why the person became a saint is mentioned. Something nice for everyone, but directed at Teen, but not ‘stuffy’ either.

2. Not a Catholic site, but definitely something of interest for you and your daughter:
    www.standupgirl.com
    A prolife website for young girls who are unexpectedly pregnant, done by ‘Becky’ who has been there and tells them to do the right thing, be brave, and have your baby.

3. A teen page: www.faithmag.com
    On the left there is a link called FAITHteen. Its out of the Archdiocese of Lansing, Michigan. Down at the bottom of the page lists all previous issues.

Hope these help.:cool:

Thank you.

MrsCinMI

Our church’s youth webpage has some good links. olgrace.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

This site is loaded with great information

salvationhistory.com

[quote=evieprnc]My 18 yr. old daughter asked if I knew any good sites where she could find “stuff about the Bible and the Church”. :hmmm: Even though we are active Catholics, most of her peers aren’t. So, any suggestions or sites? Thanks!

:blessyou:
[/quote]

newadvent.com/ is a good site. It offers thousands of articles. It has the church fathers, it has the summa, it has the bible. It has alot of info.

Happy Easter.:wave:

Catholicity has a page of links for youth and young adults.

I did have a catholic teen site, but it has moved or is no longer available.

A quick search under Catholic teen found these.

catholicyouth.freeservers.com/

lifeteen.org/ This one looks pretty good. Has a section for Bible, forums, lots of good stuff it looks like.

God Bless,
Maria

Instead of providing you with links to a bunch of sites, I figured I’d let someone else do it :smiley:

CatholicCulture.com has a section where they review various Catholic websites. The page I linked to has all their site reviews categorized by the kind of site it is (Faith, Sacraments, Evangelization, Saints, Popes, etc)

Just be careful, since this site does reviews, it includes the bad with the good. Make sure you check the rating/review of a site before you visit it. Catholic Culture bases it’s reviews on 3 criteria: Fidelity, Resources, and Useability. Only trust websites that get a Green rating of fidelity from Catholic Culture. Fidelity measures how accurately it represents true Catholic teaching.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:thumbsup: I forwarded these sites to my daughter!
God bless you :angel1:
evieprnc

Why not recommend that she look around here. These forums have taught me so much (and I’m 17 if you are wondering)

Eamon

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.