I will lay out the facts and I hope to have some valuable information given to me.
- Husband is convert to Catholicism.
- Wife is still Protestant.
- Husband wants to be faithful to the Church in the area of contraception.
- Wife wants to continue taking the Pill.
- Husband has informed her of all the reasons the Church teaches against artificial contraception and has informed her of NFP.
- Wife is obstinate and gives no hint of changing her mind and has developed a tremendous amount of animus over the subject.
Question: Is the man, in participating in the marital act, participating in moral evil?
If the answer is yes, then even good of the unitive aspect (not to mention the good of lowering the tension between husband and wife - possibly saving the marriage) is of no consequence. One cannot commit an intrinsically evil act even in an attempt at a good end.
Thanks for any help.