First off, I posted last week with a prayer request for my wife and my situation - thanks so much, everyone for the prayers! Really helped - esp. from Paradoxy:
Praying that all goes according to God’s plan… which is always more loving to us than our own
The situation is this: We found out (very surprised) DW is pregnant with our 2nd child! (Our first just turned 1). While we’re very excited for the baby, stressed a bit for several reasons. On my wife’s side, the due date is several days before her sister’s wedding in PA - know it’ll hurt if we can’t attend. There may well be a valid reason to induce slightly early - our son was at, what’s the term, -1 for a month - low, just would not come - ended up several days overdue before we induced - at 8lbs 3.4 oz, and my wife being petite…well, the doc’s first words when my son arrived was “LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT HEAD!!!”.
At any rate, big picture, the wedding situation is minor. More of a stressor right now to me, is the moving prospect. We’d been planning on moving to the east coast towards the end of this year/early next. We’re in AZ now, 90 min from my parents, her family is in PA, like I mentioned. We’ve always planned on eventually trying to get out east. Tried in '04, had a good offer from a DC company, but the cost of living was just too high. We’re trying to make it as a single income family, DC just would not have worked. At any rate, found a good possibility in MD. The stress on my end is in part, I think just being in this “limbo” state - serious about trying (instead of it being a far-off thing), and until we get out there (or discover if we can’t), stressful position to be in. Good time, job-wise for me to try a change in employer, the hardest part is leaving my folks - they’re taking it a little hard, esp. my dad, but none of our folks had their respective parents cross country - so it’s a new situation for everyone to deal with.
On a more positive note, met with our NFP coach yesterday ( we’re Creighton method users). This pregnancy was a total surprise, as we were using the method to avoid pregnancy at this time. Was just a little close to ovulation time - had been 3 months since DW totally stopped breastfeeding, so her last cycle had shortened back closer to where she was pre-baby. At any rate - we were surprised, but still planning on continuing with the method - we had a good explanation of, not “what went wrong”, since the baby sure isn’t “wrong” - but have a better understanding of what most likely happened and reasonably confident we could space the third if we so decide.
Guess I’m looking at this as God having a reason for this. Like wifey said when we were still “in shock” - “one month earlier, one month later, would’ve been fine” (refering to sister’s wedding). It will sure kick me into gear trying to make this move or not - we figured we’d try the move as part of upgrading to a bigger house, (of course, now we could really use the bigger house…)so if it works in MD, we go, if not, we’d be committing to Tucson for a few more years if we upsized here. And, most importantly, we aren’t even stressed about the baby his/herself (supposedly, DEFINITELY a “HER” according to our NFP coach) - we’re VERY excited. It’s just the rest of the “upheaval”, and the family changes, esp. my folks and the distance.
Anyway, thanks again for the prayers, can always use them! Very happy to have found this board!