Six Days of Creation

The Creation Story is stated in the Book of Genesis.
The Creation Days were:
1 The heavens and earth, light and darkness
2 Heaven
3 Dryland, the seas, and vegetation
4 The sun, the moon and the stars
5 Living creatures in the waters, birds in the air
6 Land animals and people
What is your favorite day of creation?

Genesis 1: 27

I prefer people over animals on the sixth day …

1 The heavens and earth, light and darkness

The seventh, when God took up his rest within man.

-Tim-

For me it would have to be the first day… when the Word was spoken and began his revelation into space and time. That Word is what our relationship with God is all about and the fullness of it is still being understood… but that very first expression of it… yeah that’s a powerful thing for me to meditate on.

For me anything else is not Christocentric, but androcentric.

The only time the bible does NOT mention how God “saw how good it was” was the second day of the week, which would have been a Monday.

Even God hates Mondays!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

The Eighth day of Creation, Sunday, on which Jesus rose from the dead, and through whom we all become new creations through baptism into Christ.

“We keep the eighth day [Sunday] with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead” (Letter of Barnabas 15:6–8 [A.D. 74]).

“But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead” (St. Justin Martyr, First Apology 67 [A.D. 155]).

“The Sabbath was the end of the first creation, the Lord’s day was the beginning of the second, in which he renewed and restored the old in the same way as he prescribed that they should formerly observe the Sabbath as a memorial of the end of the first things, so we honor the Lord’s day as being the memorial of the new creation” (St. Athanasius, On Sabbath and Circumcision 3 [A.D. 345]).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.