Ski manager shot after professing Christianity

Ski manager shot after professing Christianity

NEDERLAND, Colo. – A gunman who broke into a staff meeting at a Colorado ski resort ranting about religion asked the manager what he believed and shot him twice when the victim responded he was Catholic, according to reports published today about the tragedy.
The gunman later was shot and killed by a sheriff’s deputy in a firefight alongside a snowy mountain road, authorities confirmed.

more…

“Today has changed this town forever. This is just something that doesn’t happen in a small place like this,” said Ray Visco, a Nederland resident for 33 years.

And it certainly couldn’t have happened to Brian Mahon, a husband, a father, a devoted parishioner of St. Rita Catholic Church.

A man that Visco called “a totally solid citizen, honest, a real straight shooter. I mean, he was so easygoing and confident, really mellow.”

One woman openly weeping on the street declined to give her name but said she knew Mahon through St. Rita and talked of how he was so involved in the church, both as a volunteer and regular parishioner.

“He was a model citizen for the world - just write that,” she said.

rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/31/nederland-residents-mourn-loss-of-model-citizen/

Actually the manager was shot because he professed to be a Catholic Christian.

http://www.getreligion.org/?p=5399

The manager died a martyr death

Just awsome… You sick sick monkey…

Source: denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11401013

Makes me curious… was he crazy, or did he really talk to the Lord & got some orders… Oh well.

He’s crazy or got orders from the Devil, God will never tell anyone to do evil.

Christ desires that all be saved, why in the world would he want the non-saved to die and not be given greater opportunities for that salvation? Of course these actions are demonic, whether they arose from the suggestion of a malevolent intelligence or a demented human psyche.

I didn’t hear about this until I read it here. I am sorry to say that had it been a muslim, a black person, a gay person, or an atheist, or one of many other things that it is currently politically correct to be, it would have made headlines around the world that day- and many groups would have gone on and on and on about it. There may have even been riots because of it. Since he was a Catholic, it’s ok to ignore.

The world might ignore this, but God does not.
Brian Mahon is in Heaven, where he enjoys the Beatific Vision - bliss beyond our imagining. :harp:He has been there since the moment he died, and will be there for all eternity. Let us rejoice for his sake, and pray :highprayer:that we in time will join him.

Lord have compasson on his family and friends. Please comfort his family and bring some good out of this tragedy.

Please give Your grace also to the killer and his family

But even through the Bible the Lord constantly kills, or orders to kill when it is part of his plan, maybe also this was?

NEDERLAND, Colo. – A gunman who broke into a staff meeting at a Colorado ski resort ranting about religion asked the manager what he believed and shot him twice when the victim responded he was Catholic, according to reports published today about the tragedy.
The gunman later was shot and killed by a sheriff’s deputy in a firefight alongside a snowy mountain road, authorities confirmed.

How interesting that the article totally forgot the

“He then declared: “If you’re not Christian, you’re going to die,” Wilson said”

Part

In the minutes that followed, Bonestroo engaged in a gun battle with a sheriff’s deputy just outside of Nederland. The deputy hit Bonestroo but didn’t kill him; Bonestroo committed suicide by shooting himself.

Try getting your news from somewhere else than WorldNutDaily.

I had friends who lived in Nederland. Hippie heaven.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.