Sky Angel instead of Dish or Direct tv?

I’m not sure where to exactly post this, so I will post on a few forums.

I’m sooooo sick of all the junk and smut on tv, we have Dish. I’m afraid to watch any kind of tv with my kids, and we hardly watch any at all!! I have been looking at Sky Angel and staying with Dish Network for local channels only ( I live in rural Oklahoma). Anybody have any experience? My only concern is running into other preachers and religions bashing Catholicism. I don’t want my kids to see that. Thanks for your comments.

I have never heard of Sky Angel or anything, but I definitly agree with your statement about all the junk on TV now. I don't have kids (Oscar is my puppy!!), but I turned off my cable about 3 months ago and don't miss it at all. That may seem strange to some people, but I find that I have more time to do other things (like read more, clean more :p , CAF more :thumbsup: , etc). There is really nothing gained from TV at all. You can get your news from a newspaper or on the computer. I listen to the radio a lot, too. I have previously had my cable disconnected for a few years (a little while back) and never recall being bored at that time, either. Your kids might be bored for a little while, but then they will find other things to do. :D

I live here in Tulsa and had looked into Sky Angel. To me it seemed like a complete waste of money personally. I feel if I am going to get it to watch only EWTN and CATHTV then it is too expensive and not worth the junk that these televangelists would be preaching on the other channels. Give me a good book any day or any movies on the Saints or any John Wayne movie and my husband and I are happy with that :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.