Slaves of I.H.M. under Sanctions

Thanks for the additional update. Now our readers will not have to do further research. :grin:

I’m not sure I agree fully with Mr. Mazza at this point, since your link is extremely lengthy and I am not interested enough in Fr. Feeney to expend all that energy reading. It is not important to me, but if others who follow along want specifics, at least you have provided details for them. Thanks!

They posted a letter from a couple years ago here about what they hold with regard to EENS. Honestly, I don’t see any problem with it (I can’t speak to the other serious accusations in the article, obviously) It seems to be what the Church teaches, even at Vatican II, etc. and that is probably why they achieved a better relationship with the diocese then. Page 2 is where the substance starts:

Maybe they were doing the opposite since?

From website:

UPDATE, JANUARY 9, 2019: UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, NO SACRAMENTS ARE BEING OFFERED AT THE CENTER.

It is a credit to them that they are in obedience to their bishop, on this. Some groups would have defied the bishop.

I had mixed feelings reading over the website, the leader’s messages on various things . I have concerns over some of their positions as imprudent, or worse. But perhaps this is part of the inevitable fall out from a pattern of imprudence from Rome and some bishops for years. Some things they are angry about make me angry too.

The lack of sound doctrinal leadership results in good people going out on the fringe.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.