SNL

Anybody else see the Veep debate from SNL last night. Being from the Scranton, PA area this will absolutely brilliant.

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/vice-presidential-debate-cold-open/1420805

I accept the teachings of the Catholic Church, but then, like most Catholics, I ignore them. I feel kind of guilty about it, but…ehhhh, whatever.

Boy, isn’t that the truth. :o

The bit about Scranton was hilarious! But I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. Just watch, it comes fairly early in the debate. :slight_smile:

Good take, would have been closer to the actual debate if they not let Ryan talk uninterrupted.

DGB

It was hilarious. I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

Did you see the satire of the 1st Romney/Obama debate? It was so funny–instead of paying attention to the debate, Pres. Obama was thinking about his anniversary and wondering if he could buy his wife a present from the hotel gift shop.

I know a lot of “clever” people criticize SNL. I’ve watched it for decades, and I think that when it comes to politics, we can always count on SNL to be completely fair. They make fun of everyone–Democrats, Republicans, Independents–EVERYONE! The actor who currently portrays Pres. Obama is soooooo funny!

You know what's interesting? My Facebook feed was full of comments from my left-leaning friends about how hilarious SNL was. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their candidate getting it good. And of course, my conservative friends thought it was great seeing Obama get slammed because they don't like him anyway. But it made me wonder...would my conservative friends have felt the same if Romney was getting that treatment? Or would they respond as they did in 2008 when Tina Fey "picked on" Sarah Palin?

I did like the line later in the show on Weekend Update where Seth Myers said Biden prepared for the debate by chug-a-lugging Red Bull and watching a Yosemite Sam marathon.

[quote="Arizona_Mike, post:6, topic:301830"]
I did like the line later in the show on Weekend Update where Seth Myers said Biden prepared for the debate by chug-a-lugging Red Bull and watching a Yosemite Sam marathon.

[/quote]

That seems to be what he does every day! :rotfl:

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.