So annoyed at Parliament right now

Im in the UK and we are currently having Embyology bill debate - I am so angered by what they have voted on:
No father required for any IVF procedures
Abortion limit of 24 week to be maintained
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7409696.stm

This makes me so sad, on top of these votes I have spent the night watching the news to hear talk of ‘pro-choice’ and ‘anti-abortion’ I always thought I was PRO LIFE which may well mean anti-abortion but also means so much more!

I am fed up of talk of feotuses and the the termination of pregnancy why not just say the killing of the unborn child!

TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND abortions took place in the UK last year this just frustrates me!

The UK is seeming like too liberal a place for me - I am fed up of the lack of religious values, the decline of marriage and the family, the throwaway culture and the lack of morality when I look around!

Does any one else feel like this sometimes?

Somehow, remembering that the Romans were equally unjust and barbaric with no fear of God, and that Christ lived among them, allows me to let go of the perversion that seems to have swept this crowded island, and put it in God’s hands.

I know He will deliver a just judgement, and that He sees everything.

But, living in it is still horrible. :frowning:

Would it be possible for you to hop across the pond to Ireland? I know that emigrating isn’t easy, but you should have a better time of it as an EU citizen than an American would.

I live in the UK too and I’m ashamed of what’s going on, people are beginning to forget their Creator and will one day have to justify their actions.

I hope God will not chastise the UK for it’s decisions.

I watched BBC Parliament and heard the empassioned please of theh Pro-Lifers - they spoke the truth gave the details that nooone wants to listen to and still they were ignored -

One MP said that doctors SHOULD HAVE to give women the facts before performing an abortion - what would happen, the methods availabel and the OTHER options and she was shot down by a man who stated that ‘women don’t need to know this in their emotive state’

The removal of the father from the family unit is becoming more prevalent in this country and with the new IVF bill they are no longer needed I find this disturbing.

Couldn’t agree more.

Its a little like watching insane people. The problem is, they are calm and appeal to things like ‘the greater good’, ‘help to those suffering’ ‘rights of all human beings’ ‘without discrimination’.

These people have no God, and are being twisted like a pawn in the devils hand.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you. 19 If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Couldn’t agree more.

Its a little like watching insane people. The problem is, they are calm and appeal to things like ‘the greater good’, ‘help to those suffering’ ‘rights of all human beings’ ‘without discrimination’.

These people have no God, and are being twisted like a pawn in the devils hand.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you. 19 If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

^^^^^^^

Don’t know what happened.

Any other procedure doctors give a detailed explanation.
But praise God you have a limit of 24 weeks.

But praise God you have a limit of 24 weeks.

Im afraid I dont understand?

I wrote to my MP twice, once on the broad topic of the Bill. In her first reply, she even had the gall to add a photocopy of an article in The Tablet (aka ‘The Pill’) by a Catholic scientist saying we should be more open to hybrid embryo research because it’s not ‘really’ conception.

I wrote to her a second time on the narrower issue of genetically engineered ‘saviour siblings’ and late term abortions for children with genetic disabilities (very few people realise that a disabled child can be aborted up to the moment the woman goes into labour!) I don’t think she was expecting me to write back, usually lobbyists send one postcard and then leave it. Both times she responded that she will be voting with the government on all matters. The second letter wasn’t even signed, so she probably never even saw it.

I think some government MPs here are scared to oppose their party with a bye-election coming up and public opinion so low against the government. All the same, conscience comes before party loyalty!

oohhh… not to joke about this situation, but I read Bunny’s first post as though there was a limit if 24 abortions allowed in the UK. !! 24 weeks. hmm. unbelievable.

You have a limit. In some places in the US babies are aborted in the last trimester. Babies who could survive but as long as the abortionist doesn’t let them take a breath he’s free to kill them. They are delivered feet first, stabbed in the back of the neck then have their brains vacuumed out. Sorry to be so graphic but the sad fact is that it’s legal, as long as the baby’s head doesn’t come out of the mother. It’s just demonic.

Oh my Jesus! I’ve never heard of such barbarity.

Though final trimester abortions do happen in the cases of disabled babies in the UK too (most people don’t realise that). Over here, they can’t begin to deliver the baby alive. They cut the umbilical cord in utero, then inject the foetus with hydrogen cyanide, the same drug used in US lethal injection executions, then deliver the corpse. Also barbaric beyond words!

How are we as a society willing to put up with this? I really wish people weren’t so ignorant that it was even happening too!

Abortions should be rare, very rare, i.e. in cases where a woman’s life is in danger. When the Abortion Act was passed in 1967, it required two doctors to consent that there was good medical reason for abortion. Sadly, that has been interpreted as “the woman wants it, that’s reason enough”. I’m sure none of the people who voted for the 1967 Act would have imagined that the numbers of abortions this permitted would now have soared into the millions.

PS, does anybody know if they voted in the change that would have meant only 1 doctor would need to consent to a termination? I know there were opposing amendments, one saying the 2 doctors requirement should be removed, the other that counselling must be given before a woman could choose an abortion. I think the counselling amendment was defeated, I hope the other was defeated too.

Wouldn’t “rights of all human beings without discrimination” include the pre-born? In the US, abortion is legal up to the moment of actual delivery, as mentioned by another poster. But someone who is responsible for the death of a pregnant women can be charged with 2 counts of murder or whatever the cause, hers & the baby’s. Go figure!

Peace,
Linda

:clapping:

But has there ever been a ‘logical lie’? :rolleyes: :nope:

People are so set on their own greed and selfish desires, that it has reached the point where children have become an obstacle to be removed. :mad: :shrug:

I could have vomited when I heard this on the news yesterday.

Unfortunately although abortion is banned in Ireland, there was the famous X case and the Government can ban abortion but not the right to travel.

So they travel to the UK to have their Irish babies murdered by those excuses for doctors and nurses, I prefer to call them savage butchers, with about as much spirituality in them as the heel of my boot.

I think that satan can take control of a society. I think something of the sort happened to German under Hitler, who himself was involved in the occult, a channel which can give satan power over a person. I am most aware of the U.S. and I don’t think that this has happened so far, but if the others are able to totally brush aside Christians from power over society and government, as they are trying to do over some fundamental matters, it could happen here. Saint Paul did say that such powers are at war with us, which speaks of our own times.
Being no one’s friend, the devil only seeks worse and worse horrors.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.