So as Phases are going into effect any travel plans for y'all?

Are any of you planning any travels since things are opening up.

Just got back from visiting my wife’s mother and our son in OK. Will be going back to Oklahoma in June… a week or so after our first granddaughter is born. Her parents are from Australia and more or less prevented from traveling here. That’s driving her mom crazy.

1 Like

Nope. On lockdown because of health care job for foreseeable future. Vacation this summer will involve a lot of home improvement stuff that I’ve been weaseling out of the past few years.

1 Like

Hoping to go to NC to see my daughter in her new house when we are able!

2 Likes

We don’t travel so the lockdown and reopening don’t affect us at all. Might take long Sunday drives after hubby recovers from his cataract surgery.

1 Like

Our favorite resort is just now taking reservations, but I put in for vacation time from work before the quarantine, so I don’t know how it will play out.

South Carolina is best Carolina

1 Like

I don’t know. I love to travel, my mom and I were talking about going to Canyonlands in Utah, because I’ve never been anywhere that far west. But we’ll see.

2 Likes

My absolute favorite is Zion; Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall. If you go to Canyonlands, Mesa Arch is awesome.

1 Like

If I may suggest a national park for you to go to, in my state of South Carolina, go to Congaree, it’s the only National Park in the entire state. It’s beautiful, it’s actually one of the least visited national parks.

1 Like

Too hot for me, I would think.

Was thinking of visiting Louisville or Nashville, though the latter is pretty expensive. Any cool, fun or interesting things to do in Louisville?

1 Like

Nashville/Tennessee in the Fall is gorgeous.

I was going to go to Seoul but that’s proving to be too complicated with all the virus stuff going on, so I’m staying home for the summer.

Cheaper? I was surprised by how expensive it is in terms of hotel and AirBnB rates.

Is this like when people from Nebraska slam Iowa and vice versa? I love regional humor like that.

Well, I was born in Iowa, and partially raised there, but you know I think in Davenport they pretty much don’t really think all that much about Nebraska. Since Illinois is right next to them. I don’t know enough about Nebraska and haven’t been there enough to know what the insults towards it are. The truth is, is that I’m actually much closer to Georgia than North Carolina, and I have friends whose families are from North Carolina, it is I just like South Carolina better, gas is cheaper. Which reminds me, if anyone wants to go to North Carolina, go to Mount Mitchell. I especially like the drive there, seeing Big Butt and Little Butt, and yes that’s their actual names. you can even go on the Big Butt Trail.

1 Like

That’s hilarious. I wish I had known that when we vacationed in Myrtle Beach years ago.

Lots of beautiful trails. Spent our honeymoon on the side of Mt. Pisgah

1 Like

My daughter went to visit my parents who are hiding from the coronavirus at our cabin in New Mexico. This was their breakfast guest this morning.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.