So Disappointed!

Last night I went to our rehearsal practice for Sunday (big day cming up! :thumbsup: ).

After that, I wanted to visit our Lord again in the Adoration but when I got there, someone had covered Him up! I mean, He is placed in a wooden brown cross and there’s like a “door” so to speak so when the priest puts the Host there, he obviously has to shut the “door” to the cross. Well, it was covered by a wooden “door” so that you could not see our Lord!! :eek:

The candles beside it were still burning, does that mean our Lord was still there even though I couldn’t see Him? Not to mention that the door was locked and I tried the code on it but still wouldn’t open.

I was sooo disappointed for the rest of the night! :frowning: This was around 7:00pm and the bulletin says that it’s opened from 5am-11pm!!! What’s going on?

I wanted to see our Lord but couldn’t. I was so disappointed and even hurt and even ticked off!

When you went to adoration was there anyone else there? The priest might have covered Him up because there was no-one else in the church (you’re not supposed to have exposition in front of an empty room, as far as I know).

However, our Lord is still there. I think you can even do adoration in front of a closed tabernacle where they keep left-over consecrated hosts from the Mass. It would be the same for a closed monstrance with a consecrated host in it.

[quote=Paris Blues]Last night I went to our rehearsal practice for Sunday (big day cming up! :thumbsup: ).

After that, I wanted to visit our Lord again in the Adoration but when I got there, someone had covered Him up! I mean, He is placed in a wooden brown cross and there’s like a “door” so to speak so when the priest puts the Host there, he obviously has to shut the “door” to the cross. Well, it was covered by a wooden “door” so that you could not see our Lord!! :eek:

The candles beside it were still burning, does that mean our Lord was still there even though I couldn’t see Him? Not to mention that the door was locked and I tried the code on it but still wouldn’t open.

I was sooo disappointed for the rest of the night! :frowning: This was around 7:00pm and the bulletin says that it’s opened from 5am-11pm!!! What’s going on?

I wanted to see our Lord but couldn’t. I was so disappointed and even hurt and even ticked off!
[/quote]

I believe that it is typical at this point, even for people who are usually calm, to be completely on edge and to react intensely to the least little thing. A person who uses triple exclamation points for everything might experience this to an even greater degree.

Two good words to keep in mind when things like this get to you and trouble your peace: Patience and Penance.

[quote=Paris Blues]Last night I went to our rehearsal practice for Sunday (big day cming up! :thumbsup: ).

[/quote]

Talk to your Priest. This “door” might be your parishes means to have Adoration w/o a firm schedule of adorers. If when you are ready to leave, nobody else is there you are to clsoe the “door” as you are never to leave the Blessed Sacrament exposed and alone. Then when the next person comes, they are to open it.

A parish in my town (not mine) used this mechanism to get people coming to Adoration. Then after the practice was built up, they started to assign people to particular times so they could have Perpetual Adoration. I thought the idea was quite creative. Now this parish has 24/7 Perpetual Adoration and only a few years ago had virtually none.

[quote=Flopfoot]When you went to adoration was there anyone else there? The priest might have covered Him up because there was no-one else in the church (you’re not supposed to have exposition in front of an empty room, as far as I know).

However, our Lord is still there. I think you can even do adoration in front of a closed tabernacle where they keep left-over consecrated hosts from the Mass. It would be the same for a closed monstrance with a consecrated host in it.
[/quote]

No, no one was there, that’s probably why. Oh well, I’ll try again later!
:stuck_out_tongue: If He’s covered around 8am Friday morning (when I go to Confession around 8:30am), I’ll wait outside and still pray.

Dear Lord,

We lift Parris up to you today. We ask you to quiet her spirit and help her focus on you. Lord we know even though we can not see you that you are there. We know that there are times that we get disappoined by people that you will never disappoint us. Lord, as Parris prepares to be received in to the Church and to receive you through the Eucharist, guide her and help her focus on the end goal. Lord in less than a week, Parris will receive you through the Eucharist. Lord touch her heart and her soul. Give her a gental and willing spirit to serve you and praise you all of her days.

In your name we pray,
Amen

[quote=dhgray]Dear Lord,

We lift Parris up to you today. We ask you to quiet her spirit and help her focus on you. Lord we know even though we can not see you that you are there. We know that there are times that we get disappoined by people that you will never disappoint us. Lord, as Parris prepares to be received in to the Church and to receive you through the Eucharist, guide her and help her focus on the end goal. Lord in less than a week, Parris will receive you through the Eucharist. Lord touch her heart and her soul. Give her a gental and willing spirit to serve you and praise you all of her days.

In your name we pray,
Amen
[/quote]

Ohhh! Thank you dhgray! Bless your soul!
:slight_smile:

[quote=Paris Blues]Ohhh! Thank you dhgray! Bless your soul!
:slight_smile:
[/quote]

Ya know Paris.

I recognise that same spirit I had in me a few months back.

Eager to learn. Desperate for the Eucharist. So annoyed about little things that hinder your faith.

May i suggest reading up on some works of saints to try and channel your love?

God Bless you for your enthusiasm.

Let us pray that you will use it to serve God in the best way you can.

For starters may i proudly suggest this wonderful site on St Francis:

san-francesco.org/

It really helps to focus the mind.

Remember that being Catholic doesnt mean we cant have so called “protestant” experiences on our own with the Lord.

Eucharist Adoration is wonderful.

But sometimes, some time alone without anything to concentrate on can do wonders for our faith.

Forever yours in Christ.

Andre.

When I came back to the Church every little thing would drive me nuts.

I would see some people come in halfway through Mass and think to myself, what is wrong with you!!! Why are you late this isn’t some show have some respect!

It took a while to calm down and understand that there are many Catholics who don’t take their faith seriously and sometimes you will see Mass done improperly by a priest. It takes a while to be able to worship and be able to let these things go easier.

God Bless and congrats
Scylla

Paris, even if Jesus is “covered up,” you might still kneel and pray there before Him. We only have adoration one day a month (getting people to sign up, argh!!) Our tabernacle is in a chapel to the side of the main church body. I’ll stop by, for even just a few minutes, and kneel there and pray. It’s wonderfully calming and peaceful. I like going to adoration, but there’s something even more special about the one on one time. Maybe that’s something you could do??

2 I slept but my heart was awake.
Listen! My lover is knocking:
"Open to me, my sister, my darling,
my dove, my flawless one.
My head is drenched with dew,
my hair with the dampness of the night."
3 I have taken off my robe—
must I put it on again?
I have washed my feet—
must I soil them again?

4 My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; 
   my heart began to pound for him. 

5 I arose to open for my lover, 
   and my hands dripped with myrrh, 
   my fingers with flowing myrrh, 
   on the handles of the lock. 

6 I opened for my lover, 
   but my lover had left; he was gone. 
   My heart sank at his departure. 
   I looked for him but did not find him. 
   I called him but he did not answer. 

7 The watchmen found me 
   as they made their rounds in the city. 
   They beat me, they bruised me; 
   they took away my cloak, 
   those watchmen of the walls! 

8 O daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you— 
   if you find my lover, 
   what will you tell him? 
   Tell him I am faint with love.

Friends

9 How is your beloved better than others, 
   most beautiful of women? 
   How is your beloved better than others, 
   that you charge us so?   **

Beloved**

10 My lover is radiant and ruddy, 
   outstanding among ten thousand.    

11 His head is purest gold;
his hair is wavy
and black as a raven.

12 His eyes are like doves 
   by the water streams, 
   washed in milk, 
   mounted like jewels. 

13 His cheeks are like beds of spice 
   yielding perfume. 
   His lips are like lilies 
   dripping with myrrh. 

14 His arms are rods of gold 
   set with chrysolite. 
   His body is like polished ivory 
   decorated with sapphires. 

15 His legs are pillars of marble 
   set on bases of pure gold. 
   His appearance is like Lebanon, 
   choice as its cedars. 

16 His mouth is sweetness itself; 
   he is altogether lovely. 
   This is my lover, this my friend, 
   O daughters of Jerusalem.

-SoS Ch5

Thanks guys for your enouragement and suggestions! :slight_smile:

[quote=aurora77]Paris, even if Jesus is “covered up,” you might still kneel and pray there before Him. We only have adoration one day a month (getting people to sign up, argh!!) Our tabernacle is in a chapel to the side of the main church body. I’ll stop by, for even just a few minutes, and kneel there and pray. It’s wonderfully calming and peaceful. I like going to adoration, but there’s something even more special about the one on one time. Maybe that’s something you could do??
[/quote]

Oh, good. I just hope He wasn’t “asleep” when He was “covered up”!! :stuck_out_tongue:

If the door is still locked tomorrow and even if He’s still covered up, then I will still pray outside the door.

But it’s so much better being inside with him! :smiley:

Paris,

I was also just like you when I first converted. So many things bothered me about the way Catholics acted during Mass and even some priests who seemed very liberal. It took alot of reading the writings of the saints before I started to realize that what I was going through is called “convert fever.”

I think that from reading some books like “Story of A Soul” by Terese of Liseaux, “The Way of Perfection” by Theresa of Avila, and St. Faustina’s “Diary”, really helped me alot in that area. I can almost say that now I try very hard to practice virtues of patience. I don’t always succeed though - but I just keep trying. I use each day as a step ladder to reach a higher realm of patience and when confronted by someone, or something during my day which ultimately aggitates me, I realize that this person or that thing was put in my path by God to once again test me of the virtue I am trying to practice. It’s true you know. God tests us like that! It helps us to become stronger in that virtue, almost like lifting weights and getting stronger muscles! We become better Catholic Christians.

God Bless and just do some readings when you can.

Oh, BTW, don’t forget to change your personal edits to say “YES, I’M FINALLY CATHOLIC!!” Rather than what is says now; “pre-Catholic”… :smiley:

Oh Paris, also read “The Lambs Supper” by Scott Hahn. Try to read some of his other books too - like “Hail Holy Queen”.

Scott is great! And “The Lamb’s Supper” you WILL NOT be able to put down once you start it!

GB!!! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.