So, I'm a sponsor for confirmation what do I do with my confirmand?

Now that I have been asked to sponsor a confirmand, what are some examples of things we should do?

Can. 874 §1. To be permitted to take on the function of sponsor a person must:
3/ be a Catholic…who leads a life of faith in keeping with the function to be taken on;

Can. 892 Insofar as possible, there is to be a sponsor for the person to be confirmed; the sponsor is to take care that the confirmed person behaves as a true witness of Christ and faithfully fulfills the obligations inherent in this sacrament.

First and foremost you should simply live out a good example of a life of faith. The candidate for confirmation should see your faith in your life and actions. Other than that, you simply need to be willing to spiritually help the candidate with any difficulties or faith questions he or she has. Your example of a lived faith along with you openness to the candidates questions and issues will fulfill what is expected of a confirmation sponsor.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.