So I'm kinda stuck

My brother, Jonathan and I have been close for a long time. Then a few years ago my parents left each other and we were split up. We would txt until 3AM on some days. We agreed on everything except he's pro-choice and I'm pro-life. Lately he started pulling away from me. He ignored my phone calls and would only answer my txts. So tonight I asked him what was up he texted me back saying he was stressed. I asked him why he said because of ME! :eek: And he was through being my brother. I am crushed. He apologized a few times saying it just wasn't working but i cried for an hour. We are super close in age, two years apart. We were best friends.Nov 30th he'll be 16. He said on the 9th he'll be free to text for a few minutes so we could say goodbye! What should I do? Do you think I could say anything to him on the 9th that might change his mind? I'm so upset, He's the last thing I had from my old life. I just need a little advice :confused:

Inform your mon & dad that the "split" is harming your relationship with your brother and you want to join him and be with him. Try living with him for a while and healing whatever he feels has caused the rift. Go to him.

I am not an authority, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Let him go. Trying to keep him close to you will only harm your relationship. Accept what he is willing to give. Let him come to you. Don't call him or text him, except to answer when he calls or texts you.

Say your Rosary every day for him. Our Blessed Mother will see your tears and help you.

[quote="Julian0404, post:2, topic:214894"]
Inform your mon & dad that the "split" is harming your relationship with your brother and you want to join him and be with him.

[/quote]

Sadly they won't discuss it. It hurts my step-mom when the subject it brought up :(Not sure if I'll be welcome in my mom and step-dad's house. Drama :banghead:

[quote="JM3, post:3, topic:214894"]
I am not an authority, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Let him go. Trying to keep him close to you will only harm your relationship. Accept what he is willing to give. Let him come to you. Don't call him or text him, except to answer when he calls or texts you.

Say your Rosary every day for him. Our Blessed Mother will see your tears and help you.

[/quote]

As much as it hurts I may have to do just that :(. Better go get my rosary :bighanky:

Not knowing any of the people involved, it is hard to know how to answer.

Just in general though, the more needy somone is, and the more they cling, the more the other person will pull back or pull away. Are you maybe being needy?
Not knowing how your texting is going, maybe he is tired of always talking about the family situation, and that there is nothing that can be done about it. He may just need a mental break. Do you ever text him and just keep things fun and light?
I do know that people get tired of being around someone that is down all the time, or don't care to talk to people that leave them depressed when they get off the phone. Perhaps that is how he may be percieving things?

I am not saying that things are your fault, but maybe he is just mentally burned out with everything, and maybe everybody right now.

All you can do is give him some space, and let him get things in his mind situated a little better. I really don't believe that you have lost your brother. I think he is just trying to move on with his life, and make it the best he can under the circumstances.

If you feel that you are being left behind, it might be that you aren't moving on with your new life. It may stink, and you might hate the way things are now, but that is the reality of your life.Try to meet some new people, join some clubs at school, join in a team sport, volunteer at a hospital or library.

I think if your bro sees that you are moving along and making a new life for yourself, and that you have new and interesting things to tell him about, that things may change in how he sees you. You might need to stand on your own two feet a little more, and give him that extra room we all need.

Like I said, not knowing any of you, I am just giving you general advice on human nature.
I wish you all the best.

[quote="tuscany, post:6, topic:214894"]
Not knowing any of the people involved, it is hard to know how to answer.

Just in general though, the more needy somone is, and the more they cling, the more the other person will pull back or pull away. Are you maybe being needy?
Not knowing how your texting is going, maybe he is tired of always talking about the family situation, and that there is nothing that can be done about it. He may just need a mental break. Do you ever text him and just keep things fun and light?
I do know that people get tired of being around someone that is down all the time, or don't care to talk to people that leave them depressed when they get off the phone. Perhaps that is how he may be percieving things?

I am not saying that things are your fault, but maybe he is just mentally burned out with everything, and maybe everybody right now.

All you can do is give him some space, and let him get things in his mind situated a little better. I really don't believe that you have lost your brother. I think he is just trying to move on with his life, and make it the best he can under the circumstances.

If you feel that you are being left behind, it might be that you aren't moving on with your new life. It may stink, and you might hate the way things are now, but that is the reality of your life.Try to meet some new people, join some clubs at school, join in a team sport, volunteer at a hospital or library.

I think if your bro sees that you are moving along and making a new life for yourself, and that you have new and interesting things to tell him about, that things may change in how he sees you. You might need to stand on your own two feet a little more, and give him that extra room we all need.

Like I said, not knowing any of you, I am just giving you general advice on human nature.
I wish you all the best.

[/quote]

Maybe he does need some time and space. If nothing else it will help me put my past behind me! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.