So what really happens when we get to heaven?

Do we get to see all our dearly departed or are we in some sort of happy communal community were everyone is our brother and sister and we love everyone the same. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::dancing::hmmm::grouphug::onpatrol:

"Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, not has it entered into the heart of man, what God has prepared for those who love Him."

In other words, we cannot even begin to imagine how wonderful heaven is. I think the problem is that in this life, we are restricted to thinking about things through the created environment in which we live. When we get to heaven, that restriction will be lifted and we will be able to see everything completely. We will no longer be constricted by time, and will no longer live "moment to moment." We will be in God, Who is simultaneously in the past, present, and future, all at once.

I am always curious about what happen's between husband and wife, do they merely become like Brother and sister, is the personal exclusive intimacy they shared lost?

[quote="Paddy1989, post:3, topic:252552"]
I am always curious about what happen's between husband and wife, do they merely become like Brother and sister, is the personal exclusive intimacy they shared lost?

[/quote]

Very interesting thought....does anyone know if there's anything in scripture to give a clue about this?

I don’t know much scripture, but I think there was a verse when the disciples ask Jesus about that (I think regarding some dispute over a wife who had several husbands) and Jesus said there would be no marriage in heaven between them.

Yes I remember reading that but his answers was rather vag. No marriage but didn’t say anything else. That’s why I wonder if family ties will also be gone.

I’ve always felt that even if we do recognise our loved ones or our familial bonds are still present in heaven, we’re going to be in the presence of God, in all His glory! Are we really going to be thinking ‘hey look, there’s my cousin’? More likely we’ll be focusing on God!

It might be like going from the tiny black and white fuzzy flickering TV screen that the horizontal and vertical hold are faulty to a huge HD color screen with all kinds of bells and whistles. Only better.

We have no idea, really.

Well love is different, i mean the love you have for your mother, father, brother, sister, friend’s etc is quite different than the love for a spouse. I could not see this love being cancelled out in which the intimacy is lost. Also why is it that one feel’s they do not want someone just for this life but for the next aswell, almost as if it’s unsatisfying to think of this bond merely lasting a lifetime and not eternal, it may be that the family unit no longer exist’s as we all become one family but the intimate type of love still remain’s. Does anyone else not realize aswell that a love for someone is exclusive to that person so for each single person you may love them equally but it is different, exclusive and individualistic just like their soul, maybe then that this sort of intimate love therefore still remain’s for that person who you were married to on earth.

[quote="Paddy1989, post:9, topic:252552"]
Well love is different, i mean the love you have for your mother, father, brother, sister, friend's etc is quite different than the love for a spouse. I could not see this love being cancelled out in which the intimacy is lost. Also why is it that one feel's they do not want someone just for this life but for the next aswell, almost as if it's unsatisfying to think of this bond merely lasting a lifetime and not eternal, it may be that the family unit no longer exist's as we all become one family but the intimate type of love still remain's. Does anyone else not realize aswell that a love for someone is exclusive to that person so for each single person you may love them equally but it is different, exclusive and individualistic just like their soul, maybe then that this sort of intimate love therefore still remain's for that person who you were married to on earth.

[/quote]

Good point. :thumbsup::cool:

I can't imagi9ne heaven being, well, heaven, if we weren't overjoyed to see our husbands, our mothers, sisters.. I think we'll have a NEW love for every being we meet, one unhindered by negative earthly emotions, but I just can't fathom that we wont recognize and long to be with our loved ones

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.