So, what's everyone doing for Easter?

I know it’s a little early to be thinking of Easter Sunday, but what are your plans, Godwilling?

Early indeed - some of us probably don’t even have Christmas figured out just yet!

Oh. I’m sorry. :blush: :frowning:

I haven’t really thought that far ahead either. I like to get to the Easter Vigil if at all possible. And I like the Holy Thursday and Good Friday masses as well. I get to the ones I can. I don’t have a car, so must depend on someone who has a car for all of this.

at my age I don’t make plans that far in advance, and in any case, I don’t really have to, since I know where I will be if I am still alive and functioning, retreat for RCIA group in the morning, set up church for vigil in the afternoon, grab a nap and change clothes, Easter Vigil, hopefully home by midnight, 9am Mass in the morning for more first communions. Serving dinner for the needy from noon to 2, snoozing all afternoon while DH cleans up after the dinner, and then watches baseball. there had better be a chocolate bunny on my computer keyboard when I go to check my email from the kids.

I haven’t always thought about it, either. We usually don’t do anything special other than have an Easter Dinner with my mom’s side of the family (which is only her two brothers and one sister-in-law. They don’t have any kids).

Yeah, we haven’t finalized our celebration of Christ’s birthday yet either. At least I know I’m not alone! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I’ll be going to Mass and also to Easter dinner at my grandparent’s house.

Well… one thing is for sure. Lent begins just 8 weeks… after Christmas! :wink:

It comes up fast! Thanks for the reminder!

My mind is on Lent - I would have no concern what is beyond this season - it only distracts me.

Yeh I’m pretty much thinking about Advent and Christmas, then you have Lent and Easter. Lent is a big one. So are they all.

Did I say “Lent”? :smiley: - I meant Advent.

Easter Vigil:thumbsup:

I don’t have any Easter plans yet.

For Christmas, I am visiting my family in the DC area (where I grew up) and catching up with old friends.

Because it’s usually pretty nice in Florida around March/April, my parents might come down here and we’ll all go to St. Augustine for Easter. Maybe we’ll attend Mass at the Mission of Nombre De Dios :smiley:

What about you, Nick?

I’ll be getting baptized!

^Yahooo, damooster, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It’s hard to say–not sure where DH’s rotating shift will fall at that time. I do know, however, that I’ll be attending as many Stations of the Cross and other weekly Lenten Masses. Those were SO huge of a blessing to me when I started going to them last year. I’m craving them already. :slight_smile:

I will be working on Easter and throughout the Triduum…in fact I will probably put in at least 70 hours of work during Holy Week. After the last mass is over around 1:30 on Easter I will go home and fall asleep on the couch and my family will wake me when dinner is ready and then I will crash and take Monday off.

I am also getting baptised!:smiley: I cant believe how quickly the RCIA process is going!

I am going to make every effort to attend Easter Vigil.

Don’t have a clue, other than Mass. With the current weather, I just hope I can get to Mass for Christmas!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.