Soap-making nuns of New Jersey monastery combine the practical with the prophetic

Religion - US
Soap-making nuns of New Jersey monastery combine the practical with the prophetic – and a mystery

By Lauren Green

Published April 01, 2012

On any given morning, noon and evening, the dulcet tones of the Dominican Sisters waft through the corridors of Our Lady of the Rosary in Summit, N.J., as the nuns attend their daily devotions in chapel. It’s an example of their devout higher calling.

For a few morning hours during the week, the hum of the sisters’ soap-making operation shows a commitment to an earthly vocation.

Read more: foxnews.com/us/2012/04/01/soap-making-nuns-new-jersey-monastery-combine-practical-with-prophetic-and/?test=latestnews#ixzz1qoT95vfn

see more

foxnews.com/us/2012/04/01/soap-making-nuns-new-jersey-monastery-combine-practical-with-prophetic-and/?test=latestnews

I’ve been looking for somewhere that sells soap with the scent I like (sandalwood) at a reasonable price! (Not to mention, it supports a good cause!)

What happened with the replica shroud is amazing…I wonder if they did more research on the transference.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.