"Sola Hot Fudge-ura"?

When I was younger, my friends and I made Hot Fudge Sundaes. We all agreed that they were the best Hot Fudge Sundaes ever! So we were discussing what made them so complete. I felt that the right Hot Fudge was necessary to make the Sundaes perfect. My friend felt that the richest ice cream was necessary to make the Sundaes perfect. Another friend felt that good lightly sweetened home-made whip cream was necessary to make the Sundaes perfect.

Who is right? All of us, of course! So what’s the point? We all know that our key (hot fudge, ice cream, or whipped cream) is only part of the formula for the perfect Hot Fudge Sundae. I feel this parallels the Sola Scriptura argument! Yes, Scripture (the right hot fudge) is useful for making the Man of God complete, but so is Sacred Tradition (the richest ice cream) as well as our Church Magisterium (good lightly-sweetened home-made whip cream). I can no more claim that Hot Fudge ALONE makes the perfect Hot Fudge Sundae as I can claim (from this verse, 2 Tim 3:16-17) that Scripture ALONE makes the Man of God perfect.

Am I correct?

Am I way off base?

Should I just stick to making Hot Fudge Sundaes and shut up?

Your comments are greatly appreciated, although please refrain from any mixed nuts and cherries statements. As I said, my Sundaes are already perfect!

As for me, I remain NotWorthy.

There is one ingredient you did not mention that is very Noteworthy. You forgot the nuts! :whacky: Hehehe Peanut Buster Parfait…Yummmmm

Your point is well taken though, God’s Word is so much more then our interpretation of it!

He’s sooooo awesome that He even incorporates us nuts in His Sundays!

Ouch, that pun hurt! Someone’s going to be going to confession for that (yes, I admit, I wish I would have thought of it first!).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.