Sola Scriptura

If this doctrine is correct…then doesn’t that mean the Holy Spirit is doing an awful job helping people interpret the Bible themselves? I mean so many diff. denominations and beliefs and a great deal all claim the Spirit has guided them to interpret scripture this or that way! How do most Protestants defend this?

What’s even worse for Protestants is that none of them can have the slightest confidence that the Holy Spirit has revealed the truth to them, rather than to those other Protestants who find substantially different beliefs in the bible. One of the inevitable results of rejecting the teaching authority of the Church in favor of SS is permanent and unavoidable doubt that one has actually been guided by the Holy Spirit.

:crying: SOLA-SCRIPTURA AGAIN ?!?!?!?!:crying:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Is SS a no no in these forums? :confused:

No, it’s fine. Don’t worry about that reaction.

It’s not a “no-no”, I was being a little facetious. But, none the less, the threads on SS tend to be inexhaustable and can go on and on and on and on (to the point where I almost personally avoid threads on SS like the plague). carry on…LOL

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.