Solar System Formation May Be Explained in New Alien World Discovery, Astronomers Say

Does information in these articles contradict (or will they contradict after more is learned) what we, as Catholics, believe about the formation of the solar system and how we came to be?

huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/solar-system-formation_n_2878154.html?utm_hp_ref=science

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2291228/Have-scientists-discovered-reverse-evolution-Study-shows-house-dust-mites-abandoned-parasitic-lifestyle-free-living-just-like-ancestors.html

Nope

What conflict do you see?

I am always a little wary of new explanations of creation, but they are interesting and fun speculations.

The Apostles Creed starts off with: "I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth ... " ... and sometimes, if the sky is clear and I can see billions of stars, ... that may be as far as I get with the Apostles Creed ... as I appreciate in wonderment about the Infinity of God's Ability to Create.

[And I read the other day that some physicist thinks he can actually build a "warp drive" ... which would allow us to maneuver the space-time continuum! ... So we could turn it on and in a day or two be millions of light years away!! With no rapid accelerations or decelerations. Now ... wouldn't THAT be cool!!]

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:4, topic:319001"]
I am always a little wary of new explanations of creation, but they are interesting and fun speculations.

The Apostles Creed starts off with: "I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth ... " ... and sometimes, if the sky is clear and I can see billions of stars, ... that may be as far as I get with the Apostles Creed ... as I appreciate in wonderment about the Infinity of God's Ability to Create.

[And I read the other day that some physicist thinks he can actually build a "warp drive" ... which would allow us to maneuver the space-time continuum! ... So we could turn it on and in a day or two be millions of light years away!! With no rapid accelerations or decelerations. Now ... wouldn't THAT be cool!!]

[/quote]

I like your first paragraph, this thread puts me in mind of the Scientologists teachings.

Are you Catholic?

[quote="Faith1960, post:6, topic:319001"]
Are you Catholic?

[/quote]

I am and my answer is the same as his.

[quote="oldcatholicguy, post:7, topic:319001"]
I am and my answer is the same as his.

[/quote]

Ok.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.