Some boys wear "make-up"

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:9, topic:233785"]
You won't get any criticism from me, and I'd like to set your WIFE straight! #1 a 4 year old should be told, "you don't need to play with make-up, sorry." And your dd stated that boys don't wear EYE SHADOW, not stage make-up or to cover a scar (never seen a man who felt self-conscious about a scar). Your wife should have said "That's right, boys don't wear eye shadow, and a lot of girls also don't wear eye shadow. Eye shadow is for grown-up women, and not everyone likes to wear make-up."

You must disagree with your wife on a lot of issues. I suggest you sit down and communicate about what you will teach your kids, or they are going to be twisted in knots trying to figure out what each parent wants them to believe.

Does your wife support homosexual "marriages" and abortion? You have larger problems if so.

[/quote]

Julianne ... yes she is for same sex unions, homosexual rights, abortion, contraception, and I have a difficult time conveying the faith b'cos I feel the heavy weight of her wishes not to make them "Jesus Freaks". I worry a lot about this and my children and also my wife and their souls. I do not know who to talk to. I feel that if I told my wife I wanted to start NFP she would not take me seriously. This area has been seriously lacking since I have professed my feeling about contraception and Planned Parenthood. I am sorry for babbling...

[quote="Barbkw, post:15, topic:233785"]
How much boy make-up are you wearing right now?

[/quote]

It's called "guy-liner."

:D

[quote="lynx, post:19, topic:233785"]
What's the difference between boy and girl makeup? Do you man stubble and scars? I have those.

[/quote]

For most women, scars on men are sexy.

Makeup on men ... is a turn on - for other men who also wear makeup.

And where, I wonder, does he put his man-unit when he’s in drag as a woman??? Never mind, I’m sure I don’t want to know after all!

:smiley:

How do you know gay men wear makeup? For that matter any more than straight men?

[quote="MichaelP71, post:21, topic:233785"]
Julianne ... yes she is for same sex unions, homosexual rights, abortion, contraception, and I have a difficult time conveying the faith b'cos I feel the heavy weight of her wishes not to make them "Jesus Freaks". I worry a lot about this and my children and also my wife and their souls. I do not know who to talk to. I feel that if I told my wife I wanted to start NFP she would not take me seriously. This area has been seriously lacking since I have professed my feeling about contraception and Planned Parenthood. I am sorry for babbling...

[/quote]

Oh, dear, I suspected as much...this little incident is the least of your problems, I am afraid. With a mom like that, they will not understand anything about the Church...She is Catholic as well??

:eek:

Exactly corrrect–we live in a world in which makeup is used by females…not males. You can think the differences in genders are just some arbitray accident…I do not.

You get out much?

Transexuals wear makeup. I saw a guy in a local Mexican restaurant a while back. He didn’t want to shave his arms (or they looked too masculine) so he wore long white gloves.

That guy knows more about makeup than I do.

Bad taste in female eye glass selection, I thought, however.

I’ll google search for “man-unit disappearing panties”. :smiley:

[quote="irishpatrick, post:27, topic:233785"]
Exactly corrrect--we live in a world in which makeup is used by females...not males. You can think the differences in genders are just some arbitray accident...I do not.

[/quote]

But they are. At any moment a new fad of extreme cooking could take hold of male youth and propagate into cooking being more of a manly task. Lets talk about holding hands in public between same-sexes. In western culture, this is generally a girly thing to do, not so much in Indian or middle eastern cultures. Does this make them effeminate? We are subject to the arbitrary desires of the popular and tradition when it comes to gender labels.

It is fantastically unpopular to say this today: men are supposed to be the spiritual leaders of their families (not civil or secular areas). That means men need to help bring their family members to Christ and to love them while doing so. Husbands/fathers have abdicated their role to other people for several decades now. Men are to love their wives and their children as Christ loves His Church. Yet, as I said, these realities are fantasically unpopular today because there is so much hatred directed towards men across the western culture. It is a nearly impossible task...yet men must begin to step-up.

She is Catholic, does not practice and does not wish to practice at this time. This incident is just the tip-of-the-iceberg. The in-laws are not in any way practicing Catholics; I feel they are hostile to the Church. My parents are thankfully faithful Catholics. I only reverted AFTER my wedding day and I have so many thoughts and things I want to talk about and I can’t even go to anyone.

Lol… not in my social circle either!

[quote="lynx, post:30, topic:233785"]
But they are. At any moment a new fad of extreme cooking could take hold of male youth and propagate into cooking being more of a manly task. Lets talk about holding hands in public between same-sexes. In western culture, this is generally a girly thing to do, not so much in Indian or middle eastern cultures. Does this make them effeminate? We are subject to the arbitrary desires of the popular and tradition when it comes to gender labels.

[/quote]

Yes, some things are arbitary and can change with time and with cultural shifts. However, personal beautification (which is what makeup if for) has always been the pervue of females. Men are simply not built to want to be pretty and they should NOT want that and they should be discouraged from doing so in their younger formative years.

We need men.

[quote="MichaelP71, post:32, topic:233785"]
She is Catholic, does not practice and does not wish to practice at this time. This incident is just the tip-of-the-iceberg. The in-laws are not in any way practicing Catholics; I feel they are hostile to the Church. My parents are thankfully faithful Catholics. I only reverted AFTER my wedding day and I have so many thoughts and things I want to talk about and I can't even go to anyone.

[/quote]

How is it with your children? Are they baptized Catholics? Do you engage in their faith formation, if not then why not? Many times when fathers engage with their children in matters of faith, the childrens mother will also come along because she does not want to be "left out."

Many, many children have been cause for conversion for their parents. Keep that in mind. :)

[quote="irishpatrick, post:31, topic:233785"]
It is fantastically unpopular to say this today: men are supposed to be the spiritual leaders of their families (not civil or secular areas). That means men need to help bring their family members to Christ and to love them while doing so. Husbands/fathers have abdicated their role to other people for several decades now. Men are to love their wives and their children as Christ loves His Church. Yet, as I said, these realities are fantasically unpopular today because there is so much hatred directed towards men across the western culture. It is a nearly impossible task...yet men must begin to step-up.

[/quote]

Patrick where do I go for help? I feel that I could destroy my family. Do I destroy my family to help the souls of my little children? Or is it more important that we have something that resembles a family; ie a mom, dad, and kiddies? My thought is to have a family for the kids sake.

[quote="lynx, post:30, topic:233785"]
At any moment a new fad of extreme cooking could take hold of male youth and propagate into cooking being more of a manly task.

[/quote]

Alert Gordon Ramsay.

[quote="MichaelP71, post:32, topic:233785"]
She is Catholic, does not practice and does not wish to practice at this time. This incident is just the tip-of-the-iceberg. The in-laws are not in any way practicing Catholics; I feel they are hostile to the Church. My parents are thankfully faithful Catholics. I only reverted AFTER my wedding day and I have so many thoughts and things I want to talk about and I can't even go to anyone.

[/quote]

You can come here and talk to us. I am in a similar situation in my marriage b/c I reverted after our 1st son was born and hubby had no such experience. It's been difficult for both of us - me because I so wanted him to be the spiritual leader of the family and have someone to share my joy in returning to my faith; and him because I changed the terms of the marriage on him. I found this forum and it has helped me a lot.

[quote="irishpatrick, post:35, topic:233785"]
How is it with your children? Are they baptized Catholics? Do you engage in their faith formation, if not then why not? Many times when fathers engage with their children in matters of faith, the childrens mother will also come along because she does not want to be "left out."

Many, many children have been cause for conversion for their parents. Keep that in mind. :)

[/quote]

My children are baptized Catholic. I take them to mass every other Sunday when it does not inconvenience the wife. However I go every week; sorry I sneak out to the early mass every week. I would love to even say grace with them before meals but the immediate family and inlaws make me feel out of place. The mention of Jesus makes my wife's expression and comments go blank to closeout the conversation. The other thing is how do I form their faith? I didn't get that manual :D

Well, imo, you do not do something to blow-up your family. That will cause more harm, than good. Do you have contact with a solid faithful Priest? If not, find one. If yes, get an appointment to speak with him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.