Some Christian Music (non-liturgical)

I tried posting this before, but I wasn’t logged in…so here I go again.

These are just some Christmas and non-Christmas songs I’ve been listening to lately, As soon as November rolls around I start to get into the holiday mood. :thumbsup:

1.) Holy,Holy,Holy by Sufjan Stevens: This is a cover of a popular protestant worship song. For those of you who haven’t heard of Sufjan Stevens, he is an indie artist that makes some wonderful music. This song comes from his Christmas album.

2.) Angels we have Heard on High by Sixpence none the Richer: A beautiful, beautiful, beautiful cover of a traditional Christmas song. Lead singer Leigh Nash has a very bright and powerful voice.

3.) Sweetly Broken by Jeremy Riddle: This song was released last year ( I think) and is a very deep and powerful song.

4.) Grace by U2: Although it’s not a Christmas song, it has very moving lyrics and I have been listening to it alot recently.

5.) O Holy Night by Mario Lanza: Cover of the Christmas song by Mario Lanza. Lanza is probably one of the most powerful male singers I have ever had the pleasure of hearing.

6.) The Transfiguration by Sufjan Stevens: Another song off of Sufjan’s Seven Swans album. Details the events of the Christ’s transfiguration.

7.) Love came down at Christmas by Shawn Colvin: I just discovered this song, I heard it was an old Irish hymn. If you don’t like Colvin’s version, check out the Jars of Clay version.

So thats all I got, if anyone else has some music to share, please do so, I always like new music!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.