Some help/dieas for a discussion i got into

Dear Forum members

Can somebody help me with exolaining the Catholic stand on these things:

1. Did God know that Lucifer would turn out “bad”?
    (do we Catholics also believe that God did know, but used it as an example for how NOT to be?)
    What to say when somebody says something like: How can God blame somebody for the way He created them?

2. What to say when somebody says Lucifer wasn’t bad, he just pursued critical thinking?
    (my claim now: Turning away from what you know to be the perfect good? Is in itself evil?)

3. What to say against the argument that we do not have free will, that all is determined by genetics and environment?
    (my claim is: Yes these things infulence us, but in the end, on a moral level, we do have a choice. We do also have this inner connection with God, where we can pray and listen to His voice.)
    I just relized we do have a word for it: Conscience. What would be the purpose of conscience if everything was determined? Ha, I got a good argument here. :slight_smile:

4. Is it an insult if somebody calls me a fundamentalist?

Explain to them that Eve was the first person to be tempted by the devil.

Now the snake was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the Lord had made. He asked the woman, “Did God really say, 'You shall not eat from any of the trees in the garden”? The woman answered the snake: “We may eat of the fruit the of trees in the garden; it is only about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden that God said, 'You shall not eat it or even touch it, or else you will die.” But the snake said to the woman: 'You certainly will not die! God knows well that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like gods, who know good and evil. The woman saw that the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eyes, and the tree was desirable for gaining wisdom.
Genesis 3:1-6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.