Some Prayers For Me Please

1. I am a 16 year old girl and in an important year of school. But most of the time I just don’t do any work. I sit there and do nothing. Now, this is stupid because I know I COULD do most of the schoolwork very well if I wanted to. And I would probably enjoy it! It’s just a bad and lazy habit. So please pray that from now on I will take a lot more interest in my schoolwork and be a lot more motivated, work hard and do well.

2. There is this girl who…well, please just pray that she will stop tormenting my soul so much. She is a source of absolute emotional anguish, and I can’t decide weather to block her out of my life, or continue to pray that she will come and talk to me. (We have a serious unresolved issue, never mind what. And I KNOW it’s all my fault.) This is also what’s effecting my schoolwork. I think I should stop thinking about her, and at the same time continue to pray. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will govern my reasoning, that I will no longer feel tormented, that I will put her successfully our of my head so I can focus on my schoolwork, that I will be calm and peaceful about the whole thing, and that whatever happens will be for the best. Besides, I think she’s forgotten me. What’s annoying me is, I had a chance to sort it out with her a few months ago, and I handled it absolutely wrong, because I was looking at it from a wrong and limited perspective. But now I can see the whole thing from a mature and Christian pespective, and if I had the same chance now, I could handle it perfectly…but now she’s forgotten me and I don’t have the chance…and it’s my fault which is what annoys me…I don’t feel so much guilt anymore but still ughhhhh…so please pray that if it’s better to forget her, I forget her, and if it’s better to talk to her I talk to her-whatever happens, please pray that it will be all for the best. In the meantime I need to put her out of my head entirely, so please pray that with God’s help I can succeed in this.

3. I am usually a solitary person and I don’t have any friends. I had one friend but now she’s moved and she’s busy with her family and she’s focusing on her studies. She never came to see me during the midterm, she hasn’t gone anywhere with me in months, and she even ignored my birthday. She really WAS s true friend for a long time, but it just goes to prove that you can’t trust anyone…oh well. Also I had a penpal but then my letters got kind of negative and depressing so she doesn’t respond much anymore. I have another penpal now but I need friends irl more than on the computer. So anyway please pray that I will make some true friends soon- just one or two good, sincere people to hang out with. People who will be honest with me and who genuinely care about me. People who I can identify with. I don’t go in for the usual teen stuff, I just need a few good friends to be happy with, stop me being lonely, have fun together, support each other in our problems, be there and care about each other, and engage in pursuits benefitting to the soul. I don’t really have anyone to feel close to and that’s really depressing me and making me lonely- I need someone sort of like a sister. So please pray that I’ll find someone-thanks. (Also if you want to be my penpal PM me. I CAN write good emails and advise about your problems.)

4. I am only starting to want to follow a more Christian/Catholic lifestyle. I can see now that it really would make me a wole lot happier and make me feel closer to God, than just drifting around aimlessly, which is what I’ve been doing for a while. Yesterday was the day I decided, let’s be a good Christian, and yesterday I had such a beautiful day because of it…so please pray that my spiritual life will become deeply enriching, and that I will succeed in following Jesus and the church with joy, find a nice church to go to Mass in, follow through and go to Mass at every oppurtunity, find joy in reading the bible, praying the rosary, and in other spiritual pursuits, that I have the support of the BVM, the angels and saints, and that I will lead a Christian life of fulfillment.

5. I want to behave better towards my parents. My father is strict but I think he is really quite sensitive…please pray that that I will be nice to him, make him happy to be a parent, and show him that I can be mature and responsible, so that he will no longer feel the need to limit my freedoms. My mother is sick and on too much medication, so please pray that I will make her feel better by being a loving daughter, being considerate of what she wants and make her happy by being understanding and patient and by not bossing her around anymore. If I do all these things, I will have more freedom and be happier.

6. Please pray that the following year of my life (2010) will be rich with blessings, peace, a sense of fulfillment and happiness. I hope to travel a few times because I am eager to see the world. I hope to have many grand adventures, resulting in many happy memories. And I hope that I will grow ever stronger as a Christian and a person, reach the best of my potential, and attain God’s will for me in all things. Amen.

Praying for your intentions.

Lord, please comfort METGOD in her trials. Through these trials, inspire her to grow ever closer to You, who is the source of all peace, love and goodness. May she surrender herself to your will, living a life full of happiness, joy, love and holiness.

Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, o Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ. Amen.

Welcome METGOD !

Praying this prayer so that you continue to grow in your faith, you become more focused on your school work, your friend forgives you, you make some new friends and that you honor your parents :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying that you build your inner strength and faith…

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.