Some Protestants are very hateful toward Catholics

LOL!

I have to laugh because the Presbyterian group “kicked” me out of the group because he is so anti-Catholic!

The sad part is, you HAVE to include your name, affiliation, etc. to post and who knows why and I posted without doing that and he kept nailing me for not putting my name so I just put my first name and pre-Catholic and who knows what is his problem. He also said that Vatican I and II had error in it and this and that which caused me to become irritated.

I know I have said this many of times but I’m going to say it again…

I WILL DEFEND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH! I wont put up with Protestants or other non-Catholic religions to say garbage about the Catholic Church! :banghead:

What is more awesome than a former Protestant (Presbyterian) defending the Catholic Church? :stuck_out_tongue:

See, that’s the problem with you are ADD because it causes you to become more angry easily! :ehh:

Easy my friend… :slight_smile:

I understand, but at the same time you have to remember 1st Peter 3:15 *but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;
I know it is unfair that so many people feel like they have to loudly deride the Catholic faith, but one thing that I have learned is that we don’t have to go there with them. I don’t have to post on a non-Catholic forum. If I choose to, then I still don’t have to answer every rotten thing that is posted there because the fact is that their messed up opinions don’t affect the truth.

Hey, I’d love to share what I have with others, but if they insist on bashing my faith, without respecting me or that faith that I hold so dear, I have to reconsider whether they are seriously seeking the truth, or just seeking an ego feeding argument. (Something that I have to check myself on as well!). If I find that it’s not going anywhere worthwhile, I simply back off. It serves no purpose to get mad or “give as good as I get”.

Remember, conversion is the work of the Holy Spirit. Our job is to live out our faith moment by moment and sow the seeds of the truth.
Pax tecum my little sister,

Christians,

I too have experienced the bias against Catholics by many Protestants. As I go about my business day I spend quite a bit of time at the customer’s site and develop a rapport with the customer. When the discussion turns to family, and they find out that I have 7 children is when the questions start. They always and I mean always ask, “So you must be Catholic” and I always reply, “Even worse, I’m a practicing Catholic. I know the teachings of my faith”. They then will ask “why do you have so many kids?” and I reply “because my wife and I agreed to accept children lovingly from God”. They then try to lighten the mood by asking “do you know what causes that” and my reply is “Yea, we have T.V. now so it should slow down.” Would it be the same when I talk with someone that is divorced, should I ask them if they are protestant?

We Catholics give our religion a bad name by not knowing how to defend it from the slightest attack. We need to become more knowledgeable of the precepts of our faith and where our traditions are scripturally founded and sound. I have spent the last several years perusing and participating in apologetics websites and have learned so much about my faith, not just Catholic sites but protestant as well, it is a great way to develop an understanding about that is being said and assumed about our faith. When I reply to a question about any of the mysteries of the faith I always include catechism and biblical references. I have been in so many discussions defending my faith that I rarely have difficulty discussing protestant issues about Catholicism because I have already researched and rebuked the issue in a forum.

We need to have a better understanding of our faith, we need to know scriptural references on what we believe, and we need to defend ourselves from these attacks.

Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now one who has a money bag should take it, and likewise a sack, and one who does not have a sword should sell his cloak and buy one.

**** “Too many men are interested in looking holy instead of being holy” - St. Gregory the Great****

I am not the enemy, I am Christian, I am Catholic.
Peace,
David

[quote=Church Militant]I don’t have to post on a non-Catholic forum. If I choose to, then I still don’t have to answer every rotten thing that is posted there because the fact is that their messed up opinions don’t affect the truth.

[/quote]

As a poster on a protestant website, I know that I will never dissuade the bigoted, so I do not even try. What I do is simply fellowship as a brother in Christ and address my posts as best as possible within the rules of the site. One of the rules is that Catholicism is not to be promoted. So I don’t.

On thing I have found is that it is good practice on my patience. It helps when dealing with live bigotry.

I frequent a protestant Board that seems to be very open in its ability to atlesat allow your side to be said. I saw a link to it on here a while back, and now am a regular poster. There are those on there that wish to have nothing to do with catholics, but the moderators are very good. Ive only seen them boot one person, and that was becasue he was claiming to be Jesus…

There have been a few Catholics in and out. some from here, but so long as you keep it cordial, the moderators will allow any christian debate you can think of.

All they ask is you play nice…

Anyway, its a much less hatefull board than many ive seen…

assuming Im not breaking any board rules by posting it, here is a link to it.

bible-discussion.com/message-board-forum/

Its have some tech difficulties this week, but its normaly pretty stable. Every type of christian is in there, from die hard anticatohlics, to new age revisionist (best way i know to describe it)

Anyway, jsut wanted to say there are places we as catholics can have constructive debates out there…

Ive defended the faith plentr of times and never even got so much as an ebrow from the moderators…

have fun Guys

Josh

I will never understand why anyone speaks of the Holy Mother Church with hatred…except that it is usually done in ignorance. But I will share with you all something that will make you smile with hope.

I am a part (a very small part) of the RCIA team in my Parish. We have six people learning about the Faith in the huge class that literally walked into the Church by themselves, off the street…just passing by, came in one day and sat down. They sat in Mass and said to themselves, “I have no idea what is going on, but Jesus is definitely in this Church”.

When they shared that with all of us I felt so humbled. I can take it for granted, my wonderful upbringing, the grace of a loving God, the Eucharist - all of it! Then something like that happens - six people in a class of 50 who just came in one day on their own and just knew that Jesus was THERE…

So, let not your heart be troubled, Nicole my dear sister in Christ…

Congratulations, Paris Blues, entering the Catholic Church! I just wanted to share a piece of advice on defending the faith that helps me out. If someone makes you so angry you fear you may say something you’d later regret, just stifle it. And if an anti-Catholic makes you feel hateful toward them, pray and pray until you can love them again. A rosary, sometimes two, never fails to make me charitable once more. Sometimes i avoid apologetics because, as the above poster mentioned, people just seem in it to win arguments and make others look foolish, which is unchristian and does nothing to help Holy Mother Church. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Go to www.biblechristiansociety.com and get the cds/or the tapes. Listen to them. they will help. They will make you feel better too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.