some question to our muslim fellows

Muslims think that christian trinity is 3 God so we aren’t monotheist so we are odd.ok now tell me about judaism.jewish people don’t believe in trinity but still muslims(actually islam)think that judaism is illicit too,because all past scriptures has been altered by men.now muslim friends will you explain please why judaism is also wrong?they don’t believe in holy trinity.then?so what is the islamic doctrin?monotheism or BELIEVE IN MUHAMMED?

I believe they consider Judaism to be wrong due to humans changing the ancient texts they relied upon.

They do accept monotheism, but they take Mohamed to be the prophet of God. He is not a God himself.

well so islamic doctrin isn’t monotheism but believing muhammed as prophet 1st then believe in one God?very nice so 1st muhammed then God?:wink:

[quote=morning_star777]well so islamic doctrin isn’t monotheism but believing muhammed as prophet 1st then believe in one God?very nice so 1st muhammed then God?:wink:
[/quote]

They believe in one God, and that Mohamed is his prophet. To my knowledge, Mohamed does not take precedence over Allah.

For your information,I know everything about islamic faith because i was muslim.anyway they think holy trinity is 3 Gods so we christians aren’t monotheist.thats why i have posted this thread.thank you for ur response

IN the Bible, God swore his oath upon himself because there was no one greater. In the Qur’an, Allah swore upon Muhammad…

i am not sure i follow you ralphinal. can you be more specific?

Yes and no. I stole the line from inJesus. If I may try to recreate it.

Hebrews 6:13 says it exactly

For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself,

Genesis 22:16-18, Isaiah 45:23, Jeremiah 22:5, and Amos 6:* are examples of God taking oaths upon himself. Again, it is because there is no one greater.

IN the Qur’an, however, this does not hold true.

Here are Allah’s oaths upon other people. places, and things

Verily, by thy life (O Prophet), in their wild intoxication, they wander in distraction, to and fro. S. 15:72 Y. Ali

I swear by the Quran full of wisdom S. 36:2

I swear by those who draw themselves out in ranks S. 37:1

Suad, I swear by the Quran, full of admonition. S. 38:1

I swear by the Book that makes things clear: S. 43:2

I swear by the Book that makes manifest (the truth). S. 44:2

Qaf. I swear by the glorious Quran (that Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah) S. 50:1

I swear by the wind that scatters far and wide, S. 51:1

I swear by the heaven full of ways. S. 51:7

I swear by the Mountain, S. 52:1

I swear by the star when it goes down. S. 53:1

But nay! I swear by the falling of stars; S. 56:75

Noon. I swear by the pen and what the angels write, S. 68:1

But nay! I swear by that which you see, S. 69:38

Nay; I swear by the moon, S. 74:32

Nay! I swear by the day of resurrection. Nay, I swear by the self accusing soul, that the

Day of Judgment is a certainty. S. 75:1-2

I swear by the emissary winds, sent one after another (for men’s benefit), S. 77:1

Then I swear by the angels who bring down the revelation, S. 77:5

I swear by the angels who violently pull out the souls of the wicked, S. 79:1

But nay! I swear by the stars, S. 81:15

But nay! I swear by the sunset redness, S. 84:16

I swear by the mansions of the stars, S. 85:1

I swear by the heaven and the comer by night; S. 86:1

I swear by the rain-giving heavens, S. 86:11

I swear by the daybreak, S. 89:1

Nay! I swear by this city. S. 90:1

I swear by the sun and its brilliance, S. 91:1

I swear by the night when it draws a veil, S. 92:1

I swear by the fig and the olive, and mount Sinai, And this city made secure, S. 95:1-3

I swear by the runners breathing pantingly, S. 100:1

I swear by the time, S. 103:1

Now, I pulled these from a pro-Islam, anti-Christianity website.

They defend it by saying that the Bible is corrupt anyway and that it is not Allah saying they are greater but showing how wonderful they are.

thanks for the explanation. i did not know that God swore oaths,
but i am not a Bible scholar either.

the other poster morning star 777 should find your explanation interesting since he was Muslim at one time. i guess he is Christian now i don’t know.

dear debora,our muslim friends still didn’t reply;).they reject us as monotheist because we believe in holy trinity.jewish don’t believe in holy trinity.but still islam claim judaism is also illicit.actually in islamic view point we all non muslims are profane.both,who believe in holy trinity or not;).its the islamic theory.now i will wait and see,what our muslim fellows will reply.but i am not sure that even they will participate or not:).

That is 100% true, if any one would like to believe it.

Yes, they think that trinity is 3 gods and church believes not in unity of God but in Trinity. So Muslims do not believe that christians are monotheists.

But we Muslims believe the Jews to be Monotheists as per their books. You must have started the thread with good intentions, I hope.

Allah can swear by any one because all are his creatures, even Jesus or the life of Jesus, or by Muhammad.

But no one should swear by any one except the One God Almighty because all others are perishable and they have no real status. Allah can swear by any of his creatures, even by Muhammad.

I have alreay answered that Allah can swear by anything because all are his creation. But no one can swear by anything other than Allah (God). This is the teaching of Islam.

We do not reject Judaism or Christianity. We accept them and admit them. It is the christianity that does not admit Islam or Muhammad or Quran.

We believe that all religions were revealed to the prophets of God and all religions were true and peaceful. Messengers were sent to every nation, the Indians, teh chinese, The Russians, The Aficans and Australians, all nations. The message was the same i.e. to return to God and not to make mischief in the land.

That is why we go and preach the message of Peace (Islam) to every one in the world. The christians do not believe that God revealed anything to any other people. I don’t know why they go preaching to every kind of people !

In Islam, Jews and Christians are called people of the book. That means they had the book. They are not Atheists. Their message was monotheistic. But the christians somehow modified the message of Jesus. The Jews also made changes in the message.

The present day Muslims have the message preserved in original. But not all understand it. That is another story.

my intentions are good.muslims think,jewish are monotheist but illicit.see another thread;“hell in islam”.hamba2han replied me that who reject islam they will eternaly go to hell.so?jewish people reject islam too,thats why in islamic view point they will also go to"islamic hell"like us.

Dear morning_star777**, **it’s not a mater of whether they believe in trinity or not, but because Jews are cursed in Islam for many wrong practises, per the following:

(Quran 5:78):
Curses were pronounced on those among the Children of Israel who rejected Faith, by the tongue of Dawud and of 'Isa, the son of Maryam, because they disobeyed and persisted in Excesses.

(Quran 2:159):
Those who conceal the Clear (Signs) We have sent down, and the Guidance, after we have made it clear for the People in the Book, on them shall be Allah’s curse, and the curse of those entitled to curse.

(Quran 5:64):
The Jews say: “Allah’s hand is tied up.” Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for the (blasphemy) they utter. Nay both His hands are widely outstretched: He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. Amongst them We have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it; but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief.

(Quran 3:78):
There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (as they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, “That is from Allah,” but it is not from Allah: it is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!

(Quran 5:42):
"(They are fond of) listening to falsehood, of devouring anything forbidden. If they do come to thee, either judge between them, or decline to interfere. If thou decline, they cannot hurt thee in the least. If thou judge, judge in equity between them. For Allah loveth those who judge in equity."

(Quran 5:82):
Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say, “We are Christians”: because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

(Quran 4:46):
"Of the Jews there are those who displace words from their (right) places, and say: “We hear and we disobey”; and “Hear, may you not hear;” and “Ra’ina”; with a twist of their tongues and a slander to Faith. If only they had said; “We hear and we obey”; and “Do hear”; and “Do look at us”: it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allah hath cursed them for their Unbelief; and but few of them will believe. "

(Quran 4:47):
O ye People of the Book! believe in what We have (now) revealed, confirming what was (already) with you, before We change the face and fame of some (of you) beyond all recognition, and turn them hindwards, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers, for the decision of Allah must be carried out.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 34, Number 427:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle said, "May Allah curse the Jews, because Allah made fat illegal for them but they sold it and ate its price.

(E) (A)

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1079:
"'A’isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said during his illness from which he never recovered: Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians that they took the graves of their prophets as mosques. She ('A’isha) reported: Had it not been so, his (Prophet’s) grave would have been in an open place, but it could not be due to the fear that it may not be taken as a mosque."
(E) (A)

Thank you my brother sam_777 for ur references:).so i was correct that trinity isn’t matter.but matter is islam.who don’t accept islam or muhammed they are illicit and cursed in islamic view point;).so not monotheism but muhammed came 1st in islamic view point.“obey muhammed neither you are cursed and though you are cursed so you will go to hell”.its the islamic theory;).

Really? What about Shintoism, Asatru, Taoism? With either no or very different gods.

:banghead: planten, how many times our fellow Christians have explained that to you!!!
Again here its, I hope this time you know and not come after two days to ask the same question:

(Matthew 28:18-20):
Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

And Jesus disciples spoke with different languages (including YOURS & mine):
(Acts 2:1-12):
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them. Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. Utterly amazed, they asked: “Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome (both Jews and converts to Judaism Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.