Some reasons why I think Mary was Immaculately Conceived

Now is there such thing as a person being born for a special purpose?..The Liturgical readings for June 24 say so… 4 Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” 6 Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.” 7 But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’; for to all to whom I send you you shall go, and whatever I command you you shall speak. 8 Be not afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD.” 9 Then the LORD put forth his hand and touched my mouth; and the LORD said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.” -Jer1

8 Without having seen him you love him; though you do not now see him you believe in him and rejoice with unutterable and exalted joy. 9 As the outcome of your faith you obtain the salvation of your souls. 10 The prophets who prophesied of the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired about this salvation; 11 they inquired what person or time was indicated by the Spirit of Christ within them when predicting the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glory. 12 It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things which have now been announced to you by those who preached the good news to you through the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look. -1pt1
1 Listen to me, O coastlands, and hearken, you peoples from afar. The LORD called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name. 2 He made my mouth like a sharp sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me away. 3 And he said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified.” 4 But I said, “I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my right is with the LORD, and my recompense with my God.” 5 And now the LORD says, who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him, and that Israel might be gathered to him, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength-- 6 he says: “It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.”-Is49

1 O LORD, thou hast searched me and known me! 2 Thou knowest when I sit down and when I rise up; thou discernest my thoughts from afar. 3 Thou searchest out my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4 Even before a word is on my tongue, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 5 Thou dost beset me behind and before, and layest thy hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it. 7 Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend to heaven, thou art there! If I make my bed in Sheol, thou art there! 9 If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 even there thy hand shall lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, “Let only darkness cover me, and the light about me be night,” 12 even the darkness is not dark to thee, the night is bright as the day; for darkness is as light with thee. 13 For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works! Thou knowest me right well; 15 my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth. 16 Thy eyes beheld my unformed substance; in thy book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. 17 How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!.. 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! -Psalm139
I read these reading that day and said to myself how can Mary NOT have been Immaculately Conceived?

These were scriptures applied to the prophets. Even though God foreknew these individuals before they were born, does not mean they would come to be born sinless. It only speaks of God’s foreknowledge of these individuals. Also Mary is not even mentioned in these scriptures.

[quote=justcatholic]These were scriptures applied to the prophets. Even though God foreknew these individuals before they were born, does not mean they would come to be born sinless. It only speaks of God’s foreknowledge of these individuals. Also Mary is not even mentioned in these scriptures.
[/quote]

Would you please change your screen name? It’s confusing to people who think you’re actually Catholic.

Thanks,
RyanL

[quote=justcatholic]These were scriptures applied to the prophets. Even though God foreknew these individuals before they were born, does not mean they would come to be born sinless. It only speaks of God’s foreknowledge of these individuals. Also Mary is not even mentioned in these scriptures.
[/quote]

I know they were directly spoken by the prophets, but the day they were read was June 24 2005, the Nativity of St John the Baptist. I never said they were direct references, my line of though was that people are chosen for very special things in their life. If Isaiah and Jeremiah and David were told those things what about some of the important NT people? The whole time I was reading the stuff about St John the Baptist and how in the background it was all pointing to Christ not John, I said to myself how much more profound this situation must have been for Mary’s life.

And as for your loyalty to the Catholic faith I would request you type a prayer for the Pope and type one Hail Mary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.