Some up-to-date abortion statistics. Scary

Check this out.

I don't know anything to do but get on my knees and pray.

[quote="NCSue, post:1, topic:199880"]
Check this out.

I don't know anything to do but get on my knees and pray.

[/quote]

Here is the original article telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7764994/More-than-1000-under-15s-had-an-abortion-last-year.html

These stats are reflective of just Britain alone....:(:(

[quote="kimmielittle, post:2, topic:199880"]
Here is the original article telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7764994/More-than-1000-under-15s-had-an-abortion-last-year.html

These stats are reflective of just Britain alone....:(:(

[/quote]

I understand that, but the numbers continue to appall me. I wonder how these statistics compare to American ones? Not sure how to find that information.

not only is it disturbing the number of young girls having abortions, but also disturbing that so many are having multiple abortions. what can their psychological state be after 3 or 4 abortions.

these statistics are for britain. i am sure that if we saw up to date abortion statistics in the u.s. we would be mortified. :(

I think there must be something wrong psychologically to START with. Folks who have abortions clearly aren't pro-life, so why wouldn't they use contraception to prevent the "problem" (unwanted pregnancy) from occurring? There must be something drastically wrong for someone to have abortions over and over and over again.

[quote="NCSue, post:5, topic:199880"]
I think there must be something wrong psychologically to START with. Folks who have abortions clearly aren't pro-life, so why wouldn't they use contraception to prevent the "problem" (unwanted pregnancy) from occurring? There must be something drastically wrong for someone to have abortions over and over and over again.

[/quote]

Whe I was growing up, there was a girl who had abortion after abortion. She was a young teeneger, her older(teenaged) boyfriend kept getting her pregnant, and her father kept hauling her to the doctor until he finally had to give up.
Abortion is not always the women's choice, as the 'my body, my choice' crowd would have us believe. We exists as much as relationships as individuals, and often the individual girl is the low rung on the ladder, with the least choice in the matter of all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.