Something amazing happened at Church

I didn't see it but, the left eye of the statue of Jesus at a church nearby opened up! Both eyes were closed and looking down. I saw a picture someone took , and it really does look like it opened up! What could this mean?

Photoshop.

Noo it can’t be. This was on a camera phone, and lots of people in my community are talking about it and have seen it – I don’t think anyone would lie about that. I believe it could happen , but I just curious as to what it could mean.

Miracles happen every day! Could this be a visible sign? Perhaps...but I encourage you to try your best to focus on the everyday miracle of your life. When you are at Mass, focus on the miracle of the Eucharist!

Probably not the answer you are seeking but I don't know what else to say. Very difficult to speculate on first if it is happening and then what the meaning is.

If it is a miracle then the answer will not likely be found here on the internet with people you don't know, but the answer for you will be found in prayer with Jesus himself who knows everything.

[quote="HNA444, post:3, topic:242537"]
Noo it can’t be. This was on a camera phone, and lots of people in my community are talking about it and have seen it – I don’t think anyone would lie about that. I believe it could happen , but I just curious as to what it could mean.

[/quote]

With all the apps available for phones (and the cameras), I would look at this first. Light does odd things.

I agree. While this may be a genuine sign, it’s best not to give assent to it until there’s some investigation and the long term effects of this are known. Pray for the grace to be able to move away from love of the sign to love of Christ and detach from this isolated event.

When I read this I immediately thought of Father Benedict Groeschel. He would remind us that the greatest miracle is Our Lord’s Presence in the Eucharist, and do we truly honor that?

[quote="HNA444, post:1, topic:242537"]
I didn't see it but, the left eye of the statue of Jesus at a church nearby opened up! Both eyes were closed and looking down. I saw a picture someone took , and it really does look like it opened up! What could this mean?

[/quote]

It means, Jesus is watching you! ;) Be holy!

I would not give this too much thought until an investigation is done by a locutionist and a finding is given by Church authority.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.