Something happened during the Gloria

Not sure where to post this - yesterday at Mass, during the Gloria, I had this feeling like I was truly worshipping with everyone in heaven and felt this awesome feeling like this is what heaven will be like. It was way beyond anything I’ve ever experienced during Mass. Wow! Anyone ever experienced something like this?

8 Likes

I’ve experienced the same thing before during the Gloria. It was truly an amazing experience.

4 Likes

Yes. What you experienced, according to our faith, is the reality. It’s not just “what heaven will be like”, but what heaven is like right now.

Peace to you.

4 Likes

Oft times, I experience great feeling during Mass. Sometimes, it is prayer, while other times it is song.

2 Likes

I have also had this experience. For me, it seemed like I had slipped out of my present time into a different awareness - being caught up in the moment.

2 Likes

Yes, this happens from time to time. Yesterday, during the recessional hymn, feeling the praise of the people joining with holy saints and angels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.