Something that could help us all

Every one of you should sign up for the courses at amm.org/chss.htm

I was skeptical at it actually being free, but I got We Worship in the mail and the course is wonderful. You can make a donation if you wish, but I received it free of charge.

[quote=jesusluv]Every one of you should sign up for the courses at amm.org/chss.htm

I was skeptical at it actually being free, but I got We Worship in the mail and the course is wonderful. You can make a donation if you wish, but I received it free of charge.
[/quote]

I signed up for a course on August 7, 2005 but I haven’t heard anything since. That disappoined me.

odd, maybe do it again. I got my first one about 2 weeks after signing up.

I already have two books from them…though I haven’t read the second one…don’t have time.

[quote=jesusluv]Every one of you should sign up for the courses at amm.org/chss.htm

[/quote]

I am at the present time getting ready to submit my answers for Christ’s Mother & Ours. This is a wonderful opportunity to review/relearn/renew our awesome Catholic faith.These books would also be helpful for those discerning Catholicism.Father Oscar Lukefahr is one of America’s most popular interpreters of our faith.These courses are free but I intend to send a donation when I receive the next course.I think it’s pretty cool that they send you a certificate of completion with you test scores.I am hoping to ace one of the seven courses available.My time is running out.LOL Three down—four to go! Anne

The one on the Bible is good, I am taking it right now.
The only thing I can think of with the person who did not hear anything back, you have to respond to an email message, as they want to be sure that someone else is not signing you up.
There is a place where you have to reply, either that you do or don’t want the course material. I would email them again & ask about it, it is well worth it.
I am planning to take the one on Mary next.
This is a great resource.

Just signed up :thumbsup:

[quote=thistle]I signed up for a course on August 7, 2005 but I haven’t heard anything since. That disappoined me.
[/quote]

You need to contact them again because something has gone wrong somewhere and they haven’t got your stuff to you (hey…it couldda gone through New Orleans at a bad time y’know?)

I LOVE these courses! I have completed everything that they offer and begged for more. They are THAT good (as all of you ahead of me are finding out!)

These are some of the best Catholic materials that you will find anywhere. And thank God for the Knights of Columbus who supply them all for us!

Oh and hurry and finish all they have and then beg for more because there are (or were) 3 other great courses that they offer for those who finish them all. :wink:

The Catholic Home Study Service ROCKS!
Pax vobiscum,

Do any of you have a working link to submit the answers? The link my paper tells me to go to doesn’t work.

I’ve been looking for this link recently. Thank you for posting it. I just signed up for We Worship. I’ve only heard good things about these courses.

[quote=jesusluv]Do any of you have a working link to submit the answers? The link my paper tells me to go to doesn’t work.
[/quote]

Good morning Jesusluv.I just submitted answers to a different link they provide when the materiels are actually sent.

www.softworksusa.com/chss
Good Luck! Anne

Thank you Anne, the link I have on my paper they sent is softworkusa instead of softworkSusa, so everyone should probably check that when they get their courses.

I am working my way through We Believe. They got me so enthusiastic about studying I am now going to become a Marian Catechist!

[/quote]

For several years now I have been a small cog in a missionary machine promoting these courses: The Society of Ss. Francis Xavier and Therese.

We send postcards promoting the **Catholic Home Study Services **to names and addresses gleaned from phonebooks, particularly from books serving areas where there are comparatively few Catholics.

As needed, I am sent a column from a phonebook and (usually) a helpful list of ZIP codes and post offices. Every 4 months I am sent a supply of postcards. Each day, I address a card and cross the name off my list, apply postage, and fold and tape the card for mailing (they are double-postcards, allowing the recipient to send one half back to enroll in the course). Then I say a prayer for the recipient and put it in the mail.

During the most recent period for which statistics are available (Feb - May 2005), the CHSS received 73 enrollments through these efforts of members of the Society.

I find this a very rewarding participation in the missionary and evangelization efforts of the Church, and it does not require a large investment of time and money (first class postage is $0.23 per day). We do need to recruit new members to replenish those who have died or retired after many years of service, as well as simply to expand our work.

If any of you could commit to helping this Society, I encourage you to contact the Society’s director, Dr Ambrose D. Pare, DDS, at:

The Society of Ss. Francis Xavier and Therese
216-32 Rockaway Point Blvd
Breezy Point NY 11697

Even if you cannot, please consider praying for the efforts of the Society. Thank you.

tee

Thank you for posting this. I am looking forward to studying the material to gain a better understanding.

:slight_smile: Melissa

pls help me…the link softworksusa.com/chss is not working…everytime i type in the link, the website gave me a search engine instead…anyone facing same problem?

can anyone kind enough to help by answering my previous question?

Perhaps an inquiry to chss @ ldd.net (from the enrollment page, amm.org/chss/chssnow.htm ) would be more fruitful?

tee

For those looking for the test pages for the Catholic Home Study Service this is the correct link www.catholichomestudy.org

I just got "We live to Know, Love and Serve God".

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.