Something that's been bothering me...

Last night I went to adoration. I’ve been doing it for over a year now and I really look forward to my time with our Lord.

Well my family is going thru a real serious situation. It has put a burden on all of us. I’ve kept it in me for quite a while and last night at adoration while kneeling in front of our Lord I just let it out. My mother was with me and we both started crying but me I mean I was bawling.
I know that adoration is spending time with our Lord. Most of the time I pray the rosary, or I read a book that is called “Life for the World: A Way of Eucharistic Adoration for Today (Prayer and Inspiration)” by Marie Paul Curley. Well the chapter I read yesterday was on Jesus helping you thru times of sorrow. I mean it was the perfect chapter. It moved me so much.
Well what is bothering me is is the fact that I was crying in front of our Lord. (nobody else was around it was just my mother and I). Am I wrong for feeling this way? Because adoration is a time of happiness and comfort, and all I did was bawl. Please help.

It's fine. I've heard people crying at Adoration before. I'm sure He has heard a great many more.

[quote="sandramtz, post:1, topic:287065"]
Because adoration is a time of happiness and comfort, and all I did was bawl. Please help.

[/quote]

Adoration is time to adore Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. Don't burden yourself by forcing certain moods on that time. I often use Adoration as a time to make reparations for the many sins I've committed against God and for the sins of unrepentant people who won't do it themselves. Certainly, my feelings at the time are not all happy.

Our Lord welcomes the broken:

Come to me, all you that labor, and are burdened, and I will refresh you. [29] Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. [30] For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.

I have been with our adoration chapel for 17 years. I think God loves hearing from you...yes pray but I love to talk with Him and what is more amazing when I hear Him. "Listen with the ear of your heart"...

Now I must confess something. It only happened once but it did teach me something. I was so tired one evnening...I usually do 2 hours on Tuesdays because we are short people to take hours...I could not pray, so I said 'Dear God, I am sorry but my mind is so tired, help me. Well, I picked up "story of a Soul" and I read that sometimes St Therese had periods such as this so I felt a little better...I put my head back and apparently I fell asleep for about 20 minutes. I felt so rested upon waking. I knelt and thanked Him for the gift!:bowdown2:

Have you ever cried in the presence of a family member? Perhaps a good friend?

Jesus is our best friend, and in Adoration He’s right there face to face. If there was ever a good time to cry and/or get things off your chest, it’s when your best friend is right there in the same room as you.

He understands.

Last night I went to adoration. I've been doing it for over a year now and I really look forward to my time with our Lord.

Well my family is going thru a real serious situation. It has put a burden on all of us. I've kept it in me for quite a while and last night at adoration while kneeling in front of our Lord I just let it out. My mother was with me and we both started crying but me I mean I was bawling.

I know that adoration is spending time with our Lord. Most of the time I pray the rosary, or I read a book that is called "Life for the World: A Way of Eucharistic Adoration for Today (Prayer and Inspiration)" by Marie Paul Curley. Well the chapter I read yesterday was on Jesus helping you thru times of sorrow. I mean it was the perfect chapter. It moved me so much.
Well what is bothering me is is the fact that I was crying in front of our Lord. (nobody else was around it was just my mother and I). Am I wrong for feeling this way? Because adoration is a time of happiness and comfort, and all I did was bawl. Please help.

[/quote]

There is no better place in the world to let it out.

That's what Jesus wants, your sorrow and your fears. He wants all of you, not just your joy and happiness. Jesus was rejected by his own people in favor of a crimminal, betrayed, beat half to death and then nailed to a tree. He knows exactly how you feel, and only he can make it better.

There is no better place on the planet to let it out, to let God know what is troubling you, than right in front of Jesus.

-Tim-

[/quote]

You should never feel ashamed about being emotionally naked in front of our Lord. Sometimes the Holy Spirit will pierce through all the layers and reveal things to us that we are not aware of.

It is a blessing to have a tender heart spiritually. :)

[quote="Melchior, post:5, topic:287065"]
Have you ever cried in the presence of a family member? Perhaps a good friend?

Jesus is our best friend, and in Adoration He's right there face to face. If there was ever a good time to cry and/or get things off your chest, it's when your best friend is right there in the same room as you.

He understands.

[/quote]

This. :love:

I often cry in Adoration.

There is no better place to pour your heart out He is there and He listens :)

Please don't feel bad about crying in front of your Father. Our earthly fathers are there to be a shoulder to cry on, and our Heavenly Father is even more understanding of our troubles, for He knows all our struggles. He knows our hearts. I wouldn't be surprised if many people on CAF have done the same. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've cried in the presence of our Lord during adoration. In our times of sadness, when we feel we cannot pray, our tears become our prayer.

[/quote]

It's not wrong to cry. :)
It would be more wrong for you to feel as though you had to "fake a smile" every time you went.
Melchior_ summed it up it up well. :thumbsup:

The shortest verse in the Bible.

**And Jesus wept.* (John 11:35)*

We are in good company.

-Tim-

[quote="TimothyH, post:12, topic:287065"]

And Jesus wept. (John 11:35)

We are in good company.

-Tim-

[/quote]

that is so true and beautiful! adoration is the best place to cry.

Thank you so much for your kind words all of you.

Now I don't feel bad. I guess I was just a little troubled due to the fact that I was crying. It just happened along with the chapter of the book I was reading (which I strongly recommend) I bought on amazon. And I too see Jesus as my best friend. Blessings to all :p

Sandra

We are in good company.

-Tim-

[/quote]

Beautifully said!
Thank you for that.

We are in good company.

-Tim-

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What book?

Prayer and Inspiration
by Marie Paul Curley

amzn.com/0819844993

Sandra,
no thank-you for sharing your experience and book recommendation as well.
its just a beautiful reminder about how adoration is so needed and touches our lives.
God Bless

It happens to me a lot. I'd say it is quite normal given what Adoration is all about. We can't keep our masks on before Jesus, it all has to go :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.