Son and Family Struggling

Please pray for my son who is in his 3rd week of Boot Camp for the Marine Corps. He left behind a pregnant wife, daughter, who will be one on Thursday (9/11) and they are being valiant, but struggling. In his letter it is clear he is worrying about his family who is in a difficult way financially and missing his daughter terribly. They are missing him and my DIL is trying to carry 2 jobs to make ends meet. She is 6 1/2 mos. pregnant and not having enough time with her precious 1 year old.

The good news is my son volunteered to be his Platoon’s prayer leader and leads the Catholics in prayer every night before bed and gets to meet with the priest every Tuesday night. He says he knows prayer is the answer. Life is hard but God is good!

My prayers are with you and your sweet family.

Please send our “Thank You’s” to your son! I’m so proud to have such a wonderful young man serving in our military. My prayers are with your family.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

God sent his Son as an example for our lives and as our Saviour. Humbly we pray to him:

• Lord, may your people sing your praises.

We give you thanks because you have chosen us to be the first-fruits of your salvation;
you have called us to be a new people to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
May all who profess your holy name be at one in the truth of your teaching,
and on fire with the flame of your love.
You are the creator of all things; your Son chose to work with his hands, among men and with men.
Remember the workers who earn their bread by the sweat of their brow.
Remember also those who devote themselves to the service of their brethren:
may neither failure nor the failings of others distract them from their chosen task.
Grant your mercy to our deceased brethren:
do not hand them over to the power of the devil.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

In your kindness, Lord, let the cries of your Church come to your ears.
May your people receive pardon for their sins.
Fill them with devotion to you, and by your protection keep them safe.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

i pray for your family
but where can i find other single catholic
i just know this place
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

***+JMJTJ+

Your family will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

My prayers are with you and your family today.

Praying for your family. Please thank your son for serving in our military. May God keep him safe and may He watch over your family. God Bless!

Hurrying here, but there are groups who will help your son’s
family. I just heard of a local chapter that is doing just that with
situations like your son’s. If there is a post nearby, the person
in charge of PR can direct you to the groups and advise you of
other programs available. If you don’t have one nearby, then
the one where your son is stationed may be of help. In the
meantime, I will try to find the contact for the one that was on
the (local) radio yesterday. I know he mentioned that it was a
national organization.
Meantime I will say a prayer for your son and his family.

Holy Spirit, please hear all sjegts’s petitions for her son and his family. Guard from evil all those in military situations. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :gopray2:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

God bless you all for your willingness to pray from my son’s family. And any suggestions for relief (TexCatholic) are very welcome. My prayers for your intentions and in thanksgiving for God’s goodness.

Send him lots of goodies with the Drills in mind too. Make him work for it.:wink: We used to have to do extra pushups for every piece of mail we received during mail call. Getting goodies in basic is the best thing to get. Send him positive messages. It’s very difficult…mind games. I hope he will make more money after basic. Hopefully they’ll cover the cost of birth. I’m proud of all our military. My nephew joined the Marines a year ago. I’m prior Army. Red leg. We had marines on our post at Ft. Sill. Praying for your Marine.

Praying for your son, his family, and you…

Thank you for prayers. Today is going to be very hard for him. He does not want pictures - says it makes it harder. He says Mass is hard as it takes him home spiritually and mentally (probably the only time someone isn’t yelling in his ear!)

God bless you all for including my little family in your prayers.

PRAYING FOR YOUR SON And family
GRANDMA GLOR

Will continue to remember your son and family in my prayers…

I am praying for your son and his family as well as you. God bless you all.

Amie

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

LORD Jesus
Please take care of ur son in ur wonderful arms.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.