Son lost Daddy - hates God

Oh, dear prayer folks… My son needs prayers.
My husband, his Dad, died in Jan. '07. He was 9 1/2 when Dad died. He is 11 now, with puberty starting. He’s a mess.

I tried to get him to Mass today, and the entire ride there was “I hate God. I’ll always hate Him. I want to kill God. I’m gonna burn down all the Churches” and on and on.

He’s not ready to be left home alone, so I can go to Church without him, and he is suicidal, so I can’t even leave him alone.

He needs your prayers - please. I need prayers, too, so I’ll get guidance as to where to get help for my boy.

He has SO MUCH anger - always wants to punch something.

Please pray for him (his name is TJ). It’s been a rough day, or I would put more here that’s been going on. Right now, I just beg you for your prayers.

Thank you all.
Patricia

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying.

My next Mass for TJ, for your family, and for the repose of the soul of your husband.

I will begin a novena of a decade daily for TJ. I’ll pray the joyful mystery of “Finding of Jesus in the Temple.” Jjesus knew that was His father’s house. May TJ come to know this, too.

Jesus, May TJ be healed of all wounds related to his father’s death. Amen.

We ask Lord that you would bless this dear mother and her son. May the peace of Christ which the world cannot give, consol and speak to the depth of this son of yours, who’s soul desires inner healing, beneath this veil of anger. Surround this family with love, support and encouragement during this time of great trial and anguish. We pray also for the repose of the father’s soul. With all the angels and saints in Christ’s powerful intercession we pray:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.
:signofcross: Amen.

I will repeat this beautiful prayer for you and your son.:signofcross:

Prayers for your son.

+JMJTJ+

You and your family will be in my prayers.

**Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I will be keeping you and your son in my prayers also.
In more peaceful moments try to explain to him how all of heaven, (the Church Triumphant), the souls in Purgatory, (the Church Suffering), and us here on earth, (the Church Militant), are all united in the prayers of the Mass and that his father is there with him, explain to him that when he goes to Holy Communion, he can pray more fully then for his Father, (as perhaps he is in purgatory), and he can ask his Father for prayer, (as the poor souls can only pray for others), and are in need of our prayers. (If he is in purgatory, of course one day he will be in heaven.)Perhaps his Father is in heaven, and can pray for you and your son more fully. Ask his intercession. (You probably already do this), I am not trying to say you don’t, I just think that perhaps if your son more fully understood this that perhaps it would go better for him.
I just talked to a woman today whose husband died when her son was a teenager, just a few years ago, her son is at Mass often, every Sunday and Holy Day and sometimes during the week, as he knows, and feels closer to both God and his earthly Father there.
I have often seen her son there and wondered why such a young man was so devoted to the Mass, and thought it beautiful.
I had thought (perhaps a Vocation) in the making. Who knows, perhaps it is.
I’m glad you will be seeking help for him, I’m sure that would be a real challenge for anyone. Rest assured of my prayers, I’m sure your son loves his Father very much.

Get the priest to come and see him immediately. Also reach out for some professional help. If your income doesn’t allow it, or if you don’t have good health insurance, most counties have a free mental health clinic.

My prayers are with you right now. :gopray2:

Me too.
:signofcross:

In my prayers! God Bless! +

Dear Patricia,

I ask God to be merciful to you and your son and help him through his traumatic reaction to loss of his Dad. I ask God to comfort and heal you who have lost your husband but also lost you son to his trauma. Jesus, please comfort and heal him, and draw him into Your heart and Your church. He blames You but help him to see that accident or sickness is not Your fault. Our God, please get this boy counsel and effective help to deal with what he finds unbearable.

I will keep you both in my prayers and Masses, Trishie
:coffee: :coffee:

Praying for you both.

Amen
Praying hard for you

Dear Prayerful Folks:
I’m crying reading all your beautiful replies. Thank you, so very, very, much.

I thought about getting a Priest to come over. We just moved to a new Parish, after having a bad Priest at the last one. I don’t think he trusts Priests too much after that last guy. I’m working on that too…

His Dad went in for a brain tumor biopsy. They found out the tumor was on the part of the brain stem that is right next to the brain - hard to reach. When they touched the tumor (Glioblastoma Multiforme - like Ted Kennedy has), it reacted by swelling, crushing his brain stem. Tom was on life support for about a week, but I wouldn’t let TJ see him that way - it was awful.
Who would think a biopsy could kill.

It was a 9 month long trip - including time when he was in a nursing home, with hydrocephalus from the tumor. He didn’t even know TJ was related to him during that time, and just thought his own son was just a visitor…
No child should have to go through that…

Thank you, again, for all the prayers and ideas for talking to him. I’m SO grateful.
Thank you, thank you… :thumbsup:

His reaction is extreme. Get him to a wise priest, if you can.

Did he think his father would live forever? Of course not. God calls the good to him early. Some children never know their father at all. He should be glad he has good memories of his father. Also, I believe it is dangerous to curse God.

If he’s open to reason, tell him these things.

However, adolescent boys often won’t heed their single mothers, as they know their mothers are always ‘for’ them. They know they’re softies. Dad is the disciplinarian for sons, as mother is for her daughters; they’re of the same sex, so are less easily charmed.

Get a male relative to talk to the lad, privately, man to man.

I have taken this to the Blessed Mother.

praying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.