Son of top Hamas leader converts to Christianity

Yes I know it is WorldNetDaily, but it is relevant anyways:

Son of top Hamas leader converts to Christianity
’I hope my father and family open their eyes to Jesus and the Kingdom of God’

JERUSALEM – The son of one of the most popular leaders in the Hamas terrorist organization has moved to the U.S. and converted to Christianity, it has emerged.

In an exclusive interview with Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, Masab Yousuf, son of West Bank Hamas leader Sheik Hassan Yousef, slammed Hamas, praised Israel and said he hoped his terrorist father will open his eyes to Jesus and to Christianity.

Full Story

A person who converts from Islam faces the death penalty. I suspect that means he will never be able to go back to see his family again.

WoW that is great! Praise God.

It is interesting how a former terrorist can be changed by the Power of Christ.

That is the only way there will ever be peace in the world.

Did he join one of the original indigenous Christian Churches of Palestine or did he become a Protestant?

bpbasilphx Did he join one of the original indigenous Christian Churches of Palestine or did he become a Protestant?

Does that matter? He is a Christian now, and proclaiming Christ. That is great. I don’t think he is in a Church in Palestine, it said he is not welcome back in his home town any longer and he lives in the United States. He has sacrificed much to follow Christ.

It is wonderful. One of the things I thought of was “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?” How great that he has converted, hopefully he will be a beacon for others to follow in converting

catholicbuckeye I totally agree we should be lifting this man up in our prayers. He needs the support of the whole body of believers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.