Son told me he is discerning the priesthood!

This has always been my secret wish, but he me told me and my DH several times during lent that he wants to be a priest. He is a wonderful and holy child. Please pray for his discernment, if you can spare a second. Thank you and God bless.

Absolutely wonderful, wonderful news.

Thank you for your kind reply!

Praise God!

This is what I call a hallelujah moment! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You must have been a good Role Model and a good mum its not always what we say but how we act, what is the saying action speaks louder than words.

Great News, :signofcross::highprayer:

That is SO exciting! Best thing I’ve heard all day.
God bless you and your husband for being open and welcoming to the sacrifice, and god bless your son for his Yes.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :thumbsup: :highprayer:

Thank you for all the kind replies and prayers. Our parish priest is mentoring him until he is old enough to go into the formal discernment program next year, We are very excited!

Wow! Congratulations.

I am praying for him and all of you folks.

God bless.

Cathoholic

That is fantastic news :slight_smile:
How old is he? And (whilst you might have hoped that it would happen), did you have any inkling that it would?
Great news.

God bless him. :thumbsup:

How wonderful. Praying for him.

If you don’t mind OP, please say a prayer for my little boy. He is still very young but I have been praying for his vocation since he was in the womb. Not sure why, I just had a very strong urge to do it when I was pregnant and have done so since. May God’s will be done.

God help him succeed. :thumbsup:

This is wonderful news! How exciting!!! :slight_smile:
I just said a prayer for him and will add him to my prayers for Vocations! Would you want to share his first name so we can pray for him by name?

Father you call each one
of us by name and ask us
to follow you.

Bless your church by
raising up dedicated and
generous leaders from our
families and friends who
will serve your people as Sisters, Priests,
Brothers, Deacons, and Lay Ministers.

Inspire us as we grow to
know you, and open our hearts
to hear your call.

We ask this in
Jesus name
Amen.

What wonderful news! I will keep your son and your family in my prayers.

God bless

May his journey be full of love, joy,.

Great news indeed. I have offered a prayer for his discernment.

DGB

Wonderful! I will say a prayer for him.

Very, very cool! Many prayers for him!:thumbsup:

I am an Asst DRE and have been doing this or at least been a catechist for about 25 years and I have always looked forward to the day when one of my students became a priest. I am still waiting.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.