Songs in another language

If you like Finnish, try Tarja Turunen’s album Henkäys Ikuisuudesta I believe some of the songs on that are in Finnish. :slight_smile:

Most everything by Die Toten Hosen (the dead pants) German Punk.

Olaf Henning’s Cowboy und Indianer (German)

Latin hymns, especially Adeste Fidelis and Agnus Dei

Hey thanks! Very interesting music…I like it. :slight_smile: She has a very nice voice…it’s kinda cool to hear her sing English lyrics with a Finnish accent too. :smiley:

Just about every anime theme song I’ve come across. That’s how I learned most of my paltry Japanese: studying lyrice. Right now I’m listening to the sound tracks from Cyborg 009, and the Miyazaki films.

I also enjoy songs in Portuguese and Italian.

Don’t mention it. Tarja used to be the lead singer for a Finnish Symphonic Heavy Metal band called “Nightwish”. Interesting stuff, if you’re into that sort of thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of my favorite bands are Finnish: Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius. They sing in English, but you can definitely pick up the accents. :slight_smile:

Ah, Nightwish! I’ve heard of them…I guess I didn’t realize they were Finnish. lol. Yes, I listen to some of that stuff…though I’m more a fan of the Dutch band, Within Temptation. :slight_smile:

I love Tokio Hotel, but only when they sing in German. Frei im freien Fall is probably my favourite song of theirs, or perhaps Automatisch. Other than that, I love Los Prisioneros (especially We are Sudamerican Rockers, La Voz de los '80 and El Baile de los Que Sobran). I also like some other foreign bands like Kraftwerk and I listen to foreign radio, which I love even if I never know who the song is by!

I grew up in a bi-lingual household (Italian and English), so I’ve taken to liking songs in Italian and sometimes Spanish, and even French.

I’d hear Nana Moskourri, Adriano Celentano, Mina, and ABBA in Spanish in my formative years…

Susumu Hirasawa is a good Japanese singer to listen to.
youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI

That’s a new musical term for me :stuck_out_tongue:

The foreign language song that stands out for me right now is Tu, Solo Tu by Selena.
Other than that, I’ve been listening to some Ruben Blades and Tito Puente, among others.

Yes, there are quite a few interestingly-titled sub-genres. Just look at the list on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Heavy_metal_subgenres

:slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of the Texas Tornadoes, both individually and as a group. Both the Tornadoes and two members of that group, Freddie Fender and Flaco Jimenez, recorded a lot of songs in Spanish.

Also, Los Straitjackets has a lot of Spanish songs.

Jimmy Buffett has a beautiful song called L’air de la Louisianne that’s in French.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.