Songs that make you cry?

What are some songs that make you tear up, cry, or make you feel choked up?

To name a few...

The Dance by: Garth Brooks

youtube.com/watch?v=mBL8vop4Cb0

Don't Laugh at Me by: Mark Wills

youtube.com/watch?v=HTNVXlirF4Y <--(I think this is a cover by Mark Wills but I could be wrong)

Tears in Heaven by: Eric Clapton

youtube.com/watch?v=7g2IlaDLVLo

Tears in Heaven by: Choirboys

youtube.com/watch?v=jRWMvj-oimk

Ave Maria

youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y

youtube.com/watch?v=ojeLyPo_Wz4

youtube.com/watch?v=XPg74zEoN48

So Close - Jon McLaughlin

Cinderella - Steven Curtis Chapman (if I'm called to marriage, this will be my father-daughter dance song)

From Where You Are - Lifehouse

There are more, but those are the top three that come to my head. I'm a hopeless romantic, so songs like "So Close" get me all the time. :o

:)

This Woman's Work - Kate Bush

"None But Jesus" by Hillsong.

I need a hankie. :bighanky:

I really do agree with Father John Corapi... A ROSARY A DAY WILL KEEP THE DEVIL AWAY!!!
My husband and I try and do our best to say The Rosary everyday. Especially,when one is so burdened with so much problems.
Our Blessed Mother comes to our rescue and calms our nerves.
Let us continue saying it everyday!
God bless,
PATINGGUI :):):)

youtube.com/watch?v=9aYecuDlDYM

"We do not have money in the bank" by My Wife
"I overcharged the credit card" by My Wife

the middle part of this song brings tears to my eyes. link nsfw

"He Didn't Have to Be" by Brad Paisley

"Roses for Mama" by C.W. McCall (puts that idiotic "Christmas Shoes" to SHAME!!!)

"Daddy's Hands" by Holly Dunn

"To Where You Are" by Josh Groban

"There You'll Be" by Faith Hill

Too many more to name!

I just heard one on the country station that made me tear up, but I heard neither the name or the artist.:blush:

Anyway, the song starts with a man singing about how he’s waiting for the girl to call, but has to leave so puts a message on his answering machine that says that he’ll be there waiting whenever she wants to come home. I was thinking that I had heard this story before. Then in the second verse, his best friend calls to see how he’s doing since his daughter left.

Time passes and people try to talk him into changing his answering machine message because it has been so long, but he leaves it because he wants her to know not only that she is welcome to return home, but that he really misses her and always will.

Someone will have to find the song so you can hear it.

"Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley and Allison Crouch
"In His Eyes" by Steven Curtis Chapman

“Who am I?” - Casting Crowns

youtube.com/watch?v=cjhxOv9YDag

[quote="Loren_1of6, post:10, topic:187086"]
I just heard one on the country station that made me tear up, but I heard neither the name or the artist.:blush:

Anyway, the song starts with a man singing about how he's waiting for the girl to call, but has to leave so puts a message on his answering machine that says that he'll be there waiting whenever she wants to come home. I was thinking that I had heard this story before. Then in the second verse, his best friend calls to see how he's doing since his daughter left.

Time passes and people try to talk him into changing his answering machine message because it has been so long, but he leaves it because he wants her to know not only that she is welcome to return home, but that he really misses her and always will.

Someone will have to find the song so you can hear it.

[/quote]

Is it Hurry Home by: Jason Michael Carrol?

youtube.com/watch?v=6-1_2LEVAZQ

[quote="goforgoal, post:13, topic:187086"]
Is it Hurry Home by: Jason Michael Carrol?

[/quote]

That's it! The tears were flowing.

Another that sometimes makes me cry is "Reuben James" by Kenny Rogers.

Who am I? -- Casting Crowns

You Raise Me Up -- Selah

Letters From War -- Mark Schultz

Disappear -- Bebo Norman

All that I have Sown -- Bebo Norman

Perhaps She'll Wait -- Bebo again

Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -- Chris Rice

Center Aisle -- Caedmons Call

Lots and lots more, But They dont make me cry, just wish I could...
FSC

*St. Thomas Aquinas; "Tantum Ergo" *youtube.com/watch?v=ngWJ6NDeeQE&feature=related

Danielle Rose (now Sister Rose Terese of the Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ , a Franciscan order dljc.org/english/index.cfm?active=1
) "A Mother's Song" amazon.com/gp/product/B000QWK41M/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk16

"Wait till you see her"- Kurt Elling, Close Your Eyes

Matt Kennon," the Call";**** i'm that first guy saved by a true miracle of Jesus Christ, called to help all the girls at the clinic! youtube.com/watch?v=YK3zs7EV6Tk&feature=player_embedded

*"Somebody's Baby" Jon Foreman *youtube.com/watch?v=YOCZ3U3Znm8&feature=related

"Over the Rainbow" Jane Monheit amazon.com/gp/product/B00137R51G/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000087F6I&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11Z5E6HR8J2N11XSG21H

Neil Young - Needle & The Damage Done (live) The Neil Young - Needle & The Damage Done (live)

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Mad World - Gary Jules version.
Adam’s Song - Blink 182
I miss you - Jamestown story
You’re not alone - Saosin piano version

John Michael Montgomery - The Little Girl

youtube.com/watch?v=Wbmbr7ZCDrE

“Born on the Fourth of July” by Tom Paxton

“The Scorpion Departs and Never Returns” by Phil Ochs

“The Partisan” by Leonard Cohen

“She’s Leaving Home” by the Beatles <== this one is a bit maudlin

“Sing Me Back Home” by the Flying Burrito Brothers (Actually Merle Haggard, but I’m more familiar with the cover)

“Long Black Veil” by Johnny Cash (someone else originally, I think?)

Interestingly all of these fit into the category of “story” songs.

One more I forgot...

"Long Black Veil" by Johnny Cash (I don't think he originated it, but again I'm most familiar with his version)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.