Songs you hate by bands you like

At our annual family reunion this year (on my mom's side), we played Rock Band II and Beatles Rock Band. I've always been kind of a fan of the Beatles, but actually "playing" these songs really made me like them. So, I figured there must be Beatles fans here as well. So, here's what I want to know:
1. Favorite Beatle
2. Favorite song(s)
Here are mine.
1: Favorite Beatle: John Lennon. I find his post-Beatles career to be better than everyone else's.
2. Favorite songs:
"Come Together" (I love the bass line in this song and it's just so sweet)
"Get Back"
"Ticket to Ride"
"Revolution"
"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"
"Helter Skelter"
"Let It Be" (yes, I know it's not really a religious song, but it's still pretty)
"I Feel Fine"
For the record, I really don't care for the weird songs, like "I Am the Walrus". They took waaay too many drugs to come up with songs like that.

Somehow the first post doesn't match the title of the thread.

But keeping with the Beatles them - I really don't like "Maxwell's Silver Hammer".

I've never been a big fan of the beatles but if i had too chose a favorite member it would be john lennon just cause he's beast :D and also my favorite song by them would be either i want to hold your hand or strawberry field

Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel very offensive to Catholics

Sorry. The first post should've been this: (I was copying from a thread on a similar topic I started on another forum.)
It happens. Sometimes your favorite bands will put out a song you don't like. So, let's see what you come up with.
Here's some from me:
B-52s: "53 Miles West of Venus" and "Downtown" (yep, it's a cover of that song"
Beatles: "I Am the Walrus"
Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Porcelain" and "If"

Aerosmith's 'don't wanna miss a thing'. I feel like a lone wolf on this one since a lot of people have fond memories of Armageddon or something, but I find it sickly-sweet.

All of Led Zeppelin's raunchy songs

[quote="wild_thing, post:6, topic:242827"]
Aerosmith's 'don't wanna miss a thing'. I feel like a lone wolf on this one since a lot of people have fond memories of Armageddon or something, but I find it sickly-sweet.

[/quote]

No I'm with you on this one. I too find it syrupy at best. The song I hate most by a band I love is 'Little Miss Strange' by the Jimi Hendrix experience on the Electric Ladlyland album. It was written (and sung if you can it that) by the bass player Noel Redding apparently to placate his feelings about not getting to write material. It has not suprisingly a fairly decent guitar part but overall it's awful and out of keeping with the rest of the album which I would cite as one of the few perfect albums if this monstrosity was removed.

The Beatles: Revolution 9
John Lennon: Imagine
Van Halen: Running With The Devil

I love the Rolling Stones - but hate the "Beast of Burden" song

[quote="Bobby_Jim, post:2, topic:242827"]
Somehow the first post doesn't match the title of the thread.

But keeping with the Beatles them - I really don't like "Maxwell's Silver Hammer".

[/quote]

Well apparently neither did John and George.

Love, I Am the Walrus...classic and drugs/ taking drugs had nothing to do with coming up with this or for that matter most of their songs.

Favorites...mmm...hard because so many but today;

Hey Bulldog: great bass line, love the riff, zany lyrics, just a cool song
I Want You (She's So Heavy): classic Lennon
Bad Boy: Raw edge vocal by Lennon, epitomy of R&R song, classic Beatle screams

Favorite Beatle; all of 'em. I think they were essentially good people but like so many famous people...lost souls. Never cared for their politics but they were talented and my favorites!

Oh but to satisfy the jist of this thread, Mother by the Police on Synchronicity album.

1- Favorite Beate?
George- he's the spiritual one of the group and I find his songs to be the deepest and most meaningful
2- Favorite Song(s)?
Abbey Road- even though it's not a song, I think the album as a whole is one of the most amazing pieces of art.
Hey Jude
Let It Be
Something
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
She Loves You
Please Please Me
Help!
Penny Lane
I Will
I Should Have Known Better
I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Yesterday
And MANY MANY MANY More
I should just list the songs I don't like, it might be shorter)

On the other question:
Revolution 9--- I only have one thing to say about this song: "Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.