Songs

are there certain songs that are sinful to listen to? If there’s is any mention about sexual messages in a song, is that a sin to listen to the song?

I think some songs definitely can incite lust and they are intended to do that in my opinion. So I’m not sure if it’s directly a sin but it’s pretty much as good as.

it’s not a good idea to listen to some songs but there is a continuum which goes from not so good to downright nasty.

There are some verses in scripture which we are supposed to live by. One comes to mind right now…

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Some songs I listen to are not so good, but I definitely draw the line at a certain point.

Thank you for your response! … Yes, I have gotten a lot better with listening to songs that are not good and I love country music, but also like r&b, rap, pop, and most of these songs, even some country songs have sexual lyrics in them.

I would say that in and of itself, it is only of grave matter to listen to songs that are known to be consecrated to a demon, songs that are of worship of false gods and songs with truly sacreligous lyrics.

Country, Cupcake?? :confused: You poor thing…It’s not too late to turn back, you know. :smiley:

There is a song, however, that sort of reminds me of the priesthood, though. :cool:

youtube.com/watch?v=dY8_vZXo8oY

Sorry, meant *not listening

Cool song! Thanks for sharing.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.