Sony Commercial with Men Kissing?

Am I hallucinating or did I just see a Sony commercial with two men kissing on the mouth at the end? It was during the Cowboy game and unless I’ve lost my mind, I saw it twice. This is network television - CBS. Did anyone else see it? Good grief. Time to send emails and nastygrams again.

Didn’t see it… but that’s just repulsive :mad: That’s one of my major pet peeves with the media… I especially have trouble watching the news pieces on gay marriage or what have you because they just keep playing archived footage of gays kissing over and over and over :mad: eww

I’m not a Cowboys fan - someone else had it on - and now I like them even less. Surely the commercials had to be approved, maybe even by the team owners. Do we have to have that shoved down our throats even during a sports event?

Hard to believe a commercial like that would have been aimed at a typical Couboys fan. Is it possible it was a parody or send-up of some kind?

Mattapoisett64,
No, no send-up; no humor, no fat Italian chefs singing and hugging. It showed some electronic gadget and then a DVD player screen showing two young-ish men walking toward each other, apparently for an appoinment. They kiss on the mouth quickly and walk away together. It’s happens very quick and is at the end of the ad. I barely caught it the first time, thought I’d imagined it. It was on a second time and it wasn’t my imagination. I know some cultures kiss on the mouth, but American tv watchers wouldn’t automatically assume that’s what was happening. It was there for edginess.

I hate to think that I may have to get rid of my television altogether. But there is so little on TV worth watching while there is so much that I do not want my kids exposed to. Even with channels like the Cooking Channel on cable where the shows are fine, we get the commercials and it ruins the whole thing.

More pandering to any group for $$$$$$$$$$$.

Whats next? Ads targeted at the North American Man Boy Love Assoc. (NAMBLA) ???

No wonder these major corporations are failing miserably! They have no morals, and will do anything for a quick buck!!

**Look at GE, they sold banned materials to Iran, a country aiding terrorists so they can murder innocent Americans and whose leaders have sworn to destroy the “Great Satan” (That’s us!). The CEO of GE, Jeffrey Immelt, was recently appointed to the Board of the Federal Reserve and received Billions of $$$$$ in low interest loans from our tax $$$$$ by the Obama administration, even though the company is failing terribly.
The greed and corruption has taken on monumental proportions and we as a society are at a crossroads.

We can stand by idly, and watch our once great country fall into oblivion like every other previous world power through the course of history, or we can stand up!

We must boycott these evil and corrupt companies, GE & Sony, just to name a few. We must email them and tell our friends and family to avoid these pariah’s.

Christians are the majority of the citizens of this country, and we can make a difference, but we must act in a decisive but civil, loving and forgiving manner, without tolerating these grave evils.

" I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths. 5 As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry" (2 Tim 4:1-5)

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Mark77, there is no email contact information on Sony’w website. I checked that first thing. It gives phone numbers only.

I boycott, for all the good it does. I stopped buying Hallmark Gold Crown because they have a line of cards for gay weddings. I let the retailer know I was doing it and emailed Hallmark. I email producers of tv programs. Just simple “I’m not watching / buying anymore because of…_________.” I don’t preach or even state my point of view because they could care less. All I give them is the bottom line, which is all they’re interested in. If everyone would do that, we’d have quite a lot of clout. But I’ve gone round and round with people on CAF who don’t believe it works. It does. Moral issues don’t talk but money does.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.