Soon to be home from Afghanistan

I’m still pretty new here, but thought this is a good place for help!
My husband has been in Afghanistan since last August and is due home at the end of March. Although this should be a happy time for me, the Canadian Army has had horrible ‘luck’ at the last month of every tour in Afghanistan. So many soldiers have lost their lives with just two weeks before coming home, sometimes it was their last patrol. I have already had one very good friend lose both legs, I don’t think I can be strong mentally or spiritually right now. Please help me pray for the safe return of my husband, I can’t wait to have an evening were I can sleep soundly…it has been so long.

Amanda

Amanda, I pray that you will have peace and sleep.

Father, in Jesus’ name please protect her husband and bring him home safely, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Please also protect those who serve with him.

I’ll keep him, them, and you in my daily prayers and Masses.

Please take good care of yourself.
:grouphug:

Praying for the Canadian troops and the safe return of your husband from Afghanistan.

My prayers go out to you and your husband’s safe return home. Also to all the others fighting this senseless war. :grouphug:

:blessyou:

Amanda
I’m praying for your husband’s safe return I have plenty of friends who have been to Iraq and Afghanistan so I can kind of understand how you feel. Perhaps you can do a rosary on behalf of your husband each day and ask for his safe return. Also my parish actually has an armed forces prayer list where people can ask for prayers for their soldiers. If your parish does not have oneperhaps you could make a suggestion to them.
Thank you to you and your husband for your service to your country and I’m thankful as an American to all our allies and I thank them for their service and many sacrifices.

Holding you and your husband in my prayers.

Amanda I am praying for your husbands safe return home. My nephew is on his 4th tour to Afghanistan. Knowing what my sister goes through when he is gone, I have some sense of what you are going through. If she has him on her mind she just immediately pictures him safe and sound. She dashes her fears out of her mind. Some things have happened to him over there could have had a very different outcome. We believe that saying the Prayer of St. Michael has kept him out of harms way. I will say that prayer for your husband and look forward to the day when you tell us that you are reunited. Christ’s Peace!

Amanda will pray for your husband’s safe return to Canada.

Know what you mean about the luck for Canadian army, it is so sad watching the processions on TV on the Highway for Heroes

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying very hard for your husband’s safe return and for the safety of all our brave warriors!

Thank you all for your prayers, it has really meant a lot for me to be able to express myself here in CAF, I have never really done anything like this. In case you are wondering 37 days and counting :slight_smile:

Amanda

Saint Ignatius, Saint Joan of Arc, Saint Francis de Assis, pray for us!

Praying for the safe return of your husband.

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.