Sorry to ruin the fun, but an ice age cometh

Check this out, yo:

theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23583376-7583,00.html

Methinks that Global Warming mightn’t be in effect as is thought…

Sunspot activity has not resumed up after hitting an 11-year low in March last year, raising fears that — far from warming — the globe is about to return to an Ice Age, says an Australian-American scientist.

I dunno. These…

…sure look like sunspots to me.

As if to remind us it is still there, the Sun has put on an explosive show of sunspots, flares and coronal mass ejections (CMEs). This is quite surprising as only last month it was declared that the Sun had just started a new solar cycle, and a period of minimum activity. Up until now, the solar disk has been void of any observable features… but like an invasion party, three sunspots have rotated into view, showing complex arcs of magnetic fieldlines (coronal loops), blasting plasma into space by the biggest flare observed this year.
universetoday.com/2008/03…ares-and-cmes/
(March 26, 2008)

Ooops. One more myth in the dumpster.

Your link is dead.

If the ice age returns can I have a pet mammoth? I’ve always wanted one. Please…I will walk it and brush it every day, I promise.:stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather have a saber toothed tiger, myself…

Interestingly, there is an outside chance we can recreate mammoths; there might be enough DNA in frozen ones, to use an elephant as a surrogate mother.

You’d have to keep in in a cool enclosure, though. As you learned, the “sunspot cycle means an ice age” hoax is over.

That’s actually really creepy. Deb, you might be able to have a pet mammoth after all.:stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.