Soul-stirring message from the Spirit

I was very moved by this message yesterday. It matters little who said it, but I believe it is so needed here at Catholic Answers. I pray our listeners will open their heart and hear the urgent pleading that anointed the heart of this evangelist for our benefit. It is only about ten minutes long but worth every minute of our time.

Scroll to 13:39 minutes of this video. Comments welcome.

That’s not really a new idea. CA has Mark Brumley’s excellent book that has been out for some time.
shop.catholic.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/e/seven-deadly-sins.jpg
The fact is that it’s not our job to designate anyone a heretic or label them though there are some who may fall victim to modern versions of old heresies (the JWs come to mind with Arianism), but we need to simply put forth the truth, offering the reason for our hope as Peter tells us in !st Peter 3.
13 Now who is going to harm you if you are enthusiastic for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer because of righteousness, blessed are you. Do not be afraid or terrified with fear of them, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope, 16 but do it with gentleness and reverence, keeping your conscience clear, so that, when you are maligned, those who defame your good conduct in Christ may themselves be put to shame. 17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that be the will of God, than for doing evil.

Yes, C.M., you have shared excellent excerpts from Mark’s book, and they were very helpful.

I especially believe this evangelist’s words were for me, since I had a rough go of it in another section, and this wonderful message just “happened” to be on TV to bring solace to my spirit afterwards. Of course, nothing is by sheer coincidence, right? :wink:

It tears at my heart when truth is falsified, whether it occurs wittingly, or inadvertently. You know what I mean whenever you are confronted by Mike Gendron’s writings. It is painful!

Yeah, I do know what ya mean S2. I feel for the guy in the video and can understand his (sort of) rant. We well know the feeling being Catholics, but hey…it comes with the turf. :shrug::smiley:

What helped me is his personal delivery, hearing the voice, watching the body language, catching the passion in his Spirit beneath his delivery. Had it been written, it may not have had as big an effect on me, and of course, the timing was also providential! (Maybe that was part of it!)

Very moving indeed. Thanks for the link.

Thanks, Tawny. :slight_smile: The program was on again last night, and I taped it this time so I can review it anytime. The youtube website may eventually pull it, but now I have it on tape.

In all likelihood, the ones who most need to hear the message and heed it, will never view it, and may never take it to heart even if they do see it. :frowning:

I particularly like the part where the “Sons of Thunder” (James and John) were rebuked by Jesus when they wanted to rain down fire and brimstone on the Samaritans who would not accept Him. Indeed, as Christ said, they know not what spirit they are! Later in life, we find wonderful evidence of a total change of spirit as we read the beautiful words of James in chapter 3:17 …

However, the wisdom that comes from above is first of all pure, then peace-loving, gentle, willing to yield, full of compassion and good deeds, and without a trace of partiality or hypocrisy.

Amen!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.