souls in purgatory

Please forgive me if this post is in the wrong place, but recently I have been feeling a strong desire to pray for souls in purgatory and found a great little prayer book named 'In the Friendship of God' published by Divine Mercy Publications. It is a truly helpful guide to prayer for our departed. What I would like to know is, has anyone visited Our Lady of Montligeon in Normandy France. This is a Marian sanctuary dedicated to praying for the Holy Souls in purgatory. I was wondering what impressions anyone might have of this place of pilgrimage.

Google St. Gertrude and the Holy Souls. Pray it daily.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Holy Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and in my family.

That is the prayer of St. Gertrude. She was promised that 1,000 souls would be freed each time the prayer was said. There is a Let's Empty Purgatory group on this site as well as one on Facebook.

And also...
mtep.com/index.htm

^ The Mission To End Purgatory ^

[quote="marian_love, post:3, topic:293253"]
She was promised that 1,000 souls would be freed each time the prayer was said

[/quote]

This is not necessarily true. She was shown “a great multitude of souls” leaving Purgatory. It could be more than 1000 or less than 1,000. There is no exact number.

It is wonderful that you have been inspired to pray for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Please check out my webpage for this at:

missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

There is lots of information there, on how to help the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

I particularly recommend to you the section entitled:

The Heroic Act (in favour of the Holy Souls)

There are many testimonies of the powerful intercession of the Holy Souls in Purgatory for their benefactors, on the web page as well.

Nonetheless - the prayer promises the release of souls from purgatory - may we all pray continually to help our brothers and sisters awaiting the fullness of Christ Jesus. Especially as many souls may no longer have family, friends, etc. to pray for them. Amen.

[quote="lynnettejane, post:1, topic:293253"]
Please forgive me if this post is in the wrong place, but recently I have been feeling a strong desire to pray for souls in purgatory and found a great little prayer book named 'In the Friendship of God' published by Divine Mercy Publications. It is a truly helpful guide to prayer for our departed. What I would like to know is, has anyone visited Our Lady of Montligeon in Normandy France. This is a Marian sanctuary dedicated to praying for the Holy Souls in purgatory. I was wondering what impressions anyone might have of this place of pilgrimage.

[/quote]

I have that book, i love the story about mother teresa praying for the holy souls with her nuns on a plane

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.