Souls in purgatory

:signofcross:
I’d like prayers to be said for the soul of my dead sister and all the souls in purgatory. May they rest in peace.:amen:

Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

Eternal rest give to them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them.

Absolve, O Lord, the souls of the faithful departed from every bond of sins.

And by the help of Thy grace may they be enabled to escape the avenging judgment.

:gopray2:

May they rest in peace.

~Liza

Have you ever heard of the prayer of St. Gertrude the Great? mtep.com

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory (especially Cool’s sister), for sinners everywhere, those in the Universal Church, in my home and within my family. Amen.

The Holy Souls in Purgatory have recently “adopted” me :slight_smile: They are powerful prayer partners!

Praying for Cool’s sister and for all the souls in purgatory!

:crossrc:

Come to her aid O saints of God!
Come greet her angels of the Lord!
Receive her soul O Holy Ones!
Recieve her now to God Most High!

Prayers !!!

Lord have mercy !

May the Mother of God intercede on their behalf !

:signofcross:prayers…:signofcross:

Lord Jesus, have mercy on the souls detained in Purgatory. It was for their salvation that you took on our human nature and suffered a most painful death. Have mercy on their burning desire to see you, have mercy on their tears of repentance. Through the merits of your Passion, remit the sentence they incurred by their sins.

Dear loving Jesus, may your Blood descend on those dear souls! May it shorten their time of atonement and may they soon be called to eternal happiness in your Presence! Amen. :signofcross:

I will add my prayers.

A non-Catholic co -worker of mine died a few weeks ago. We were only acquaintances. May he now be pleasantly surprised that I have been praying for him daily.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, those in the Universal Church, in my home and within my family. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Eteranl rest grant unto them, Oh Lord. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let the perpetual light shine upon them.

I pray for my father’s soul in purgatory and all others.

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon them.

May they rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

closed #16

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.