Souls united to St. Therese

Hi All,

In honor of St. Therese’s Memorial tomorrow, I wanted to share this quote from her “Story of a Soul” which upon meditation after my return home has been a sort of confirmation from our Lord to me as to why he gave me to St. Therese.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

– Cadian :knight1:

Simple souls cannot understand complicated methods, and, as I am one of their number, Our Lord has inspired me with a very simple way of fulfilling my obligations. One day, after Holy Communion, He made me understand these words of the Canticles: “Draw me: we will run after Thee to the odour of Thy ointments.” O my Jesus, there is no need to say: “In drawing me, draw also the souls that I love”: these words, “Draw me,” suffice. When a soul has let herself be taken captive by the inebriating odour of Thy perfumes, she cannot run alone; as a natural consequence of her attraction towards Thee, the souls of all those she loves are drawn in her train.

Just as a torrent carries into the depths of the sea all that it meets on its way, so, my Jesus, does the soul who plunges into the shoreless ocean of Thy Love bring with it all its treasures. My treasures are the souls it has pleased thee to unite with mine; Thou hast confided them to me, and therefore I do not fear to use Thy own words, uttered by Thee on the last night that saw Thee still a traveller on this earth.

– St. Therese “Story of a Soul: Chapter XI - A Canticle of Love”

What a lovely quote! St. Therese is awesome.

She sent me this one when I had some troubles:

“Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him…this is the way to implore Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk”

Beautiful quotes! Thanks for posting.
Our beautiful saint is front-and-center on EWTN’s homepage today/tomorrow. Check it out!

:slight_smile:

Aye! :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.