Spain has succumbed to legal "gay marriage"

cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/06/30/spain.gay.vote.ap/index.html
Well here we go again:mad: MADRID, Spain (AP) – Parliament legalized gay marriage Thursday, defying conservatives and clergy who opposed making traditionally Roman Catholic Spain the third country in the world to officially recognize same-sex unions. Gay rights activists cheered lawmakers and blew them kisses.

Hello

A sad day for the Catholics in Spain, remember it is a sin to practise these activities and it is no sacrament just an insult to true marriage.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

:crying:
What a sad, sad day. You know, the lower house of Parliament REJECTED the decision by the Senate to not have “gay marriage”. It’s so very, very sad. A few people who are out to do anything to push forth their hidden agenda.

Michael :crying:

What a sad, sad day. You know, the lower house of Parliament REJECTED the decision by the Senate to not have “gay marriage”. It’s so very, very sad. A few people who are out to do anything to push forth their hidden agenda.
[/quote]

It isn’t hidden at this point…it’s quite clear. Brings to mind the old hymn:

At the feast of Belshazzar and a thousand of his lords,
While they drank from golden vessels, as the Book of Truth records,
In the night, as they reveled in the royal palace hall,
They were seized with consternation—’twas the Hand upon the wall!

Refrain

’Tis the hand of God on the wall!
’Tis the hand of God on the wall!
Shall the record be “Found wanting!”
Or shall it be “Found trusting!”
While that hand is writing on the wall?

"…So our deeds are recorded—there’s a Hand that’s writing now:
Sinner, give your heart to Jesus, to His royal mandates bow;
For the day is approaching—it must come to one and all,
When the sinners’ condemnation will be written on the wall!

That the land of Catalina of Aragon, of Isabella, of the great roster of Spanish missionaries, Saint Jaime and peoples of ages past should come to this…lo how the mighty hath fallen. Miserere nobis.

I am sad for Spain, but well, this happens because for much time many catholics in all places, Spain, Canada, US with the 10 commandaments chapter or others have be quiet, but our plattform Hazte Oir, a catholic lobby and others, we are working, we have to wake up the society and defend the country. The left control all mass media but we have God in our hand. The referee is with Zapatero and PSOE, but we have Christ, we will win the war although we have losen a battle.

I am so sorry Franze, and I am afraid we will not be too far behind. Let the persecutions begin. I pray that when the time comes to stand up for the truth, we will have the courage to do so. :gopray:

[quote=Siena]I am so sorry Franze, and I am afraid we will not be too far behind. Let the persecutions begin. I pray that when the time comes to stand up for the truth, we will have the courage to do so. :gopray:
[/quote]

We have to be optimistic, and if the prosecution begins, I will be prepared. Living like Saudi Arabia or China or Sweden( protestant pastor jailed for preaching against homosexuality) will be hard, but we will have the eternal happiness.

Netherland, Belgium, Canada, and now Spain. What do they all have in common. They’re all from the developed world as opposed to the 3rd world. They don’t have to worry about having a full tummy each night. Nah…that the least of their worry. What they need is to how to oppose another natural law. Eat, drink, and be merry…in SINS!

Who said the poor are not blessed! :yup:

[quote=cathgal]Netherland, Belgium, Canada, and now Spain. What do they all have in common. They’re all from the developed world as opposed to the 3rd world. They don’t have to worry about having a full tummy each night. Nah…that the least of their worry. What they need is to how to oppose another natural law. Eat, drink, and be merry…in SINS!

Who said the poor are not blessed! :yup:
[/quote]

Cathgal, what about Terry schiavo? in this case we spoke about a life, and politics hid in the constitution for not saving her, what about caritateive lives? US isn´t better from Sapin, all western is very ended.

“However, polls suggest Spaniards supported gay marriage. A survey released in May by pollster Instituto Opina said 62 percent of Spaniards support the government’s action on gay marriage, and 30 percent oppose it. The poll had a margin of error of 3 percentage points.”

Is this true? If so, that is deeply disturbing… I thought the majority of the public in Spain was Catholic?

This is a different case than here in Canada, where roughly 60% of the population is against the redefinition of marriage, and our government is truly demonstrating its ‘dictatorship of relativism.’

I just came from Spain, having lived their for 3 months. It shocks me because I found the Spaniards to be very traditional. They weren’t as Catholic as they used to be, but nevertheless, I found them to be the most traditional (in family structure especially) than any other European country I went to. However, at the same time, from a historical perspective, it makes sense. It’s kind of a swing from their far right wing dictator Franco, where homosexuals were put in jail, to the far left side where now homosexual marriages are legal. Spain went through a huge rebellious time after Franco, and I think this is a product of that time.

[quote=Franze]Cathgal, what about Terry schiavo? in this case we spoke about a life, and politics hid in the constitution for not saving her, what about caritateive lives? US isn´t better from Sapin, all western is very ended.
[/quote]

I think she was including the U.S. in that statement. We are a 1st world country too!

Not surprised! They are loosing strength in their governing politics. Can happen anywhere if not fought against. They have had their terrorists (Basques) but when Alcaida joined up and they suffered loss at the train station - they let fear and appeasement be their solution! The easy way is a slippery slope smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_7_2.gif . All the comfy countries that are not actively, visibly, struggling to live by God’s Law will wipe out in the end. Our good ole USA is still kicking and fighting so lets all pray for us! Dear God, please bless the USA!

Is this true? If so, that is deeply disturbing… I thought the majority of the public in Spain was Catholic? ’

The majority is Catholic. But, we know about various practices in Spain that have been going on for years that are not in keeping with Church teaching. The one that comes to mind is getting married civilly and living together for years before getting married in the Church.

The same sex marriage legislation was a monumental political loss for the Church in Spain. I read that some Bishops are calling for Catholics in official positions to resist the law and I am sure some will. Things have come to a difficult pass when Bishops are reduced to calling for civil disobedience.

I watched a talking head on the news last night reporting from Spain where according to her happy smiling discourse, "Though a large percentage of Spainards identify themselves as Catholic, they are supportive of their “gay” brothers and sisters “rights” These same Catholics are also quite supportive of abortion “rights” and stem cell research."
Sickening. :mad:

[quote=OriginalJS]The majority is Catholic. But, we know about various practices in Spain that have been going on for years that are not in keeping with Church teaching. The one that comes to mind is getting married civilly and living together for years before getting married in the Church.

The same sex marriage legislation was a monumental political loss for the Church in Spain. I read that some Bishops are calling for Catholics in official positions to resist the law and I am sure some will. Things have come to a difficult pass when Bishops are reduced to calling for civil disobedience.
[/quote]

So does the government of Spain expect the Catholic Church of Spain to conduct these ceremonies?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.