Spanish Cloistered Nuns See Surge in Vocations

JOY!!
:harp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuvmuYfOIag&feature=player_embedded#

…the Christain resistance of Spain :knight1:!!
:byzsoc:

*Praise be to God! :gopray2: How wonderful! *

[quote="runwaymodel, post:2, topic:228617"]
Praise be to God! :gopray2: How wonderful!

[/quote]

:yup: *
*I am trying to search out
* updated*** information regarding these** Poor Clare Nuns** in Spain but I have** not** been successful as yet!
*If anyone has recent information it would be great to learn of it!! *

[quote="runwaymodel, post:2, topic:228617"]
*Praise be to God! :gopray2: How wonderful! *

[/quote]

:yup:*
I am trying to search out** updated** information regarding these** Poor Clare Nuns** in Spain but I have** not** been successful as yet!*
*If anyone has recent information it would be great to learn of it!! *

I believe this article is about them. It was published two months ago:

The cloistered nuns of Lerma, Spain, recently learned that Pope Benedict XVI has decided to convert the community into a new religious institute called “Iesu communio.”

They explained that the Pope’s decision came after Vatican officials reviewed documents submitted by Archbishop Francisco Gil Hellin of Burgos, Spain. The reports were compiled after the Congregation for the Institutes of Consecrated Life requested that the community define its charism.

“When the documentation is ready, which will be soon, we will be glad to provide information about our way of life and our name, but for now we can’t say anything else,” [Sr. Andrea] said.

churchnewssite.com/portal/?p=39671

And here is an article from two days ago, published in Spanish
abc.es/20110206/comunidad-castillaleon/abcp-obra-veronica-20110206.html

According to the Google translation, it reads, in part:

After recognition by the Vatican last December, the coming-of this new community "Iesu Communio is at the Cathedral of Burgos on 12 February with a Thanksgiving Mass to be concelebrated by the Archbishop of Burgos Francisco Gil Hellin, the Papal Nuncio in Spain, Renzo Fratini, and the newly appointed bishop of Ciudad Rodrigo, Raul Berzosa, brother of Sister Veronica, and other bishops and archbishops. It could even turn itself Cardinal Rouco Varela, who has always praised the work of Sister Veronica and her ability to attract vocations to the point he tried to lead the Community of Madrid to Burgos nun community that as a result of its growth could not continue in the convent of Lerma. However, the project, too large, no rennet, among other things because the community did not want to leave Burgos Claris.

During the Mass, the sisters will renew and update their votes "not because it is necessary" but will, like the priests do it every Holy Thursday. He explains the Archbishop of Burgos, for whom the diocese "are in luck" with facts as the foundation of this new community he hopes will be a "salutary lesson" and "spiritual renewal" among young Christians.

Gil Hellin notes that "Iesu Communio" has already become a "benchmark" in places of origin of the sisters, who are divided between the former convent of Poor Clares of Lerma and La Aguilera, although, as indicated, "Most non-Burgos." In his view, the example of a community of young nuns in the XXI century may have a positive effect within the Church. Hopes "to raise new vocations for themselves and for the rest of the congregation or for the seminar" because seeing the experience of "veroniquesas" other "young or not so young people can find inside the gifts of God."

translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.es%2F20110206%2Fcomunidad-castillaleon%2Fabcp-obra-veronica-20110206.html

Is it only just this convent, or in others?

I hate the thought of any of St. Teresa of Avila's original foundations closing due to the lack of vocations, and the buildings being put to profane use [hotels, or, God forbid, nightclubs :mad: :( ].

Nice video, but a little too charismatic for my taste.

Don't like a lot of emotionalism....

Here is a statement from Archbishop Francisco Gil Hellin, archbishop of Burgos which was issued a few days ago:
zenit.org/article-38154?l=spanish

Because it is written in Spanish, here is a partial Google translation:

The new institute is a reworking or adaptation of Clarisse's charisma. This Clarean charisma does not need to continue giving abundantísimos aggiornamento fruits of holiness in the Church. Iesu Communio is something else, something new. At the time of understanding, it is better to place it in the permanent action is the Holy Spirit in the Church. He, without denying what has previously been shown fruitful and rich in holiness, gives rise to new ways with which to respond to new needs and sensibilities of the world and the Church. So Iesu Communio is a new cell is born in the fabric of the ecclesial body, joining the other cells, forming one body with them, but to fulfill its own specific mission.

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zenit.org%2Frssspanish-38154

If I understand correctly, the nuns will be cloistered, although not a papal enclosure.

[quote="Dale_M, post:8, topic:228617"]
Here is a statement from Archbishop Francisco Gil Hellin, archbishop of Burgos which was issued a few days ago:
zenit.org/article-38154?l=spanish

Because it is written in Spanish, here is a partial Google translation:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zenit.org%2Frssspanish-38154

If I understand correctly, the nuns will be cloistered, although not a papal enclosure.

[/quote]

Thank you very much for** all** the information you have contributed, Dale_M:hug3:!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.