Spanish government introduces pro-life measures [CWN]

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy’s government has introduced several pro-life measures, according to wire service reports.Since 2010, abortion on demand has been permitted during …

More…

I wonder how much opposition this will run into?

As far as having babies goes, Spain is already pretty much dying though.

:extrahappy:

This is a great step in the right direction, I hope that other European countries will begin to follow suit and begin to recognise the rights of the most vulnerable members of society.

Viva España! Defend the children at all cost!

It is good that some movement is being made on the abortion law but it doesn’t go far enough.

:clapping:

Some of the Spaniards I’ve talked to (as in the kind that is only barely culturally Catholic) are going on about how this is bringing back the bad old days of Franco’s dictatorship, while others, naturally are more supportive.

It seems, though that this bill would stand a very good chance of passing. The party presenting it controls a majority of the Cortes.

My one concern is what one opponent brought up, that it would (rightfully in my opinion) restrict access to infanticide to poor women, but allow rich women to evade the law by travelling to London and having an abortion there. I wonder how this could be rectified? Not that I’m holding my breath, a good part of that majority party is in the pocket of the rich.All in all, it is a good law passed by a normally mediocre to bad government.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.