Speakin ogf the Duggars....PETA's proposed ad

Check out PETA’s…

Doggies Multiply Faster than Duggar’s

spay and neuter ad.:eek:

talk about tasteless! I know we tend to disagree about the Duggar family here but I think(hope) we can all agree this is over the line.:(:mad:

Did they get the Duggars permission to use them in their ad? Probably not.
I'm no lawyer but I would think that ad crosses some legal boundaries.

What a disgusting ad. But what else can you expect from PETA.

I am only marginally familiar with the Duggars.

If the ad is not in violation of the law I see no problem with it.

PETA may be controversial. But they do well in getting their point cross.

And what is that point? That they are vile.

They raise awareness around issues concerning cruelty to animals.

[quote="jjdrury81, post:6, topic:186329"]
They raise awareness around issues concerning cruelty to animals.

[/quote]

All while invoking increased cruelty to humans.

how so?

Look, I understand that their methods are controversial. They rub some folks the wrong way.

But they also drive home an important message.

Do I think that they have made some serious mistakes in the past and should have handled things differently?

Absolutely.

However, I also think that they have done an admirable job in raising awareness around certain issues that i would expect everyone to support.

What do you mean?

They plant seeds that there are too many humans. They use ads like the above mentioned ad, to do this. Thus someone who may agree with them will turn to abortion, which a very, very cruel way for one to die. I have seen and heard this excuse in my own life, by both family and friends. When ever I hear the phrase oh there are too many humans in this world, over population. PETA, use this in their ads a lot.

PETA always has disgusting ads about women. I'm not surprised. Ick.

Prayers for them. While animals are God's creation, humans were made in His image and likeness. As much as we're charged to take care of creation, it is not to be at our expense.

Ick.

I know that they talk about pet overpopulation. And one can not really argue with them there.

As to folks linking that to abortion… i just don’t see it.

At any rate, nothing to argue over.

I happen to like them. I know some folks don’t.

I used to be a PETA supporter. I'm a vegetarian and I love animals. But I became very disappointed in their ad campaigns when they started using nude or nearly nude women in the ads. That was a while back and their ad campaigns have gotten more and more offensive to me as a woman.

Now, I am still a Person who believes in the Ethical Treatment of Animals, but I am no longer a PETA supporter.

shanny,

you know i’m not a duggar supporter. i think they ought to pack up the camera crews and send them on their way. i’d be a whole lot less suspicious of their motives.

but,

if, IF one of the Duggar children ever really was hungry, without a roof over his/ her head, would PETA give an iota of a dammmm?

no.

what a complete failure of reason: to equate the potential hunger or homelessness of a human child to the hunger or homelessness of a dog or cat.

these are not tactics, they’re toxins.

Wow. That is utterly revolting - you are right! If that isn't illegal, I'd be shocked! (Is it legal, because they are public figures? - idk. But it is out of this world arrogant and disgusting).

This is crossing the line to far. I find this ad to be highly disrespectful.

one of the Duggar children ever really was hungry, without a roof over his/ her head, would PETA give an iota of a dammmm?

no.

what a complete failure of reason: to equate the potential hunger or homelessness of a human child to the hunger or homelessness of a dog or cat.

these are not tactics, they’re toxins.

absolutely!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.